Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: And to wrap this one up...

Im getting into this thread late. And I have no reason to get involved. But Richie, who cares if she is unclassy. Don't you think thats one of the great things about poker? Is that all types of people and playing styles can suceed. Isn't that what makes a table interesting is 9 different personalities that make up this odd experience? I understand where your disdain stems from. But so what? How is this a big deal? Why are you putting so much thought into it. I work for some big cooperation in a cubicle and hate everyone at work more then you dislike Annie Duke. But I don't go off on them. You wouldn't say any of that stuff face to face with her. So why are you trolling?
Old 08-20-2004, 04:02 PM

Default Re: In honor of MLG\'s post in a semi-related thread...

[ QUOTE ]
(btw- thought it was very "classy" when you knocked Eric Siedel out of the Omaha tourney and, instead of shaking his hand and saying "good game", you walked over to him, wearing your yellow sinister grin, trying to conceal that grimace look on your face as you hugged him and said, "I wish it wasn't you"...how unprofessional)

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that Annie Duke and Eric Seidel are good friends, don't you? Or do you not bother to do any research on things you write about?

[ QUOTE ]
Look at how the most respected poker players (like Lederer, Juanda, Greenstein, Harman, Liebert) sit at the table, talk at the table, dress at the table, interview after a game

[/ QUOTE ]

Respected by WHO? And how many minutes of WPT footage have you seen of these players at a poker table? How many minutes have they actually spent at a poker table? You're seeing far less than 1% of their actions, so any conclusions drawn can't be very accurate, unless you comment on that specific situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately you fall into that "other class" of well-known players that few people have respect for in the professional poker world -- people like Phil Hellmuth, Unabomber, & Scott Fischman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one person in the "professional poker world" that dislikes Phil Hellmuth or Scott Fischman? I've yet to see another pro say that they personally disliked either of those players. Clearly you have evidence to the contrary?

Or maybe when you say "professional poker world" you mean "people like myself that watch on TV". And that's when you should realize that you have no insight or knowledge of "the professional poker world" and shouldn't comment on it.

My sincerest apologies if you're consistently playing 300-600 or 10k buy-in tournaments and actually do know what you pretend to talk about.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on the ladies event

i didn't read much longer than an annie's apology post on page-4.
i am one poster who was very unimpressed with the interview and had some less-than-nice things to say.

this apology and explanation completely changes my perspective and i say kudos to annie. the fact that she directly apologized to that player really impressed me.

everyone makes mistakes afterall.

to annie and others - i can identify with why one might be reluctant to post.
in my previous line of work i was something of a public-figure (not much of one....but i was on the radio every night so SOMEONE was listening to me somewhere i guess).

relatively popular in my past couple of gigs but came to memphis and after my first night (which i thought went well) i read some stuff on the internet about how much i completely suck.
not much you can do about it obviously, but the internet can be truly vicious and it can damage an over-inflated ego pretty quick.

i took a similar approach to annie's here i suppose.
i continued to promote some of our events in different threads and tried to take the high-road as much as possible by not responding in the flame-fest thread (there were a couple of people defending me...but quite a few were jumping on the hate-wagon).

after awhile, quite a few posters there eventually noticed and said that they were impressed with my response to the situation...that it's tough to come to a forum where you're completely getting blasted and continue to post, etc etc.

i wasn't nearly as high-profile a figure as annie is of course. but i can say from experience that reading a thread of 150 posts about how much you suck is not the most fun experience i have had. comes with the territory, obviously.

no real point i suppose. just wanted to congratulate annie for her honesty (and her victory) and say that in some small way i think i can identify with a bunch of people you've never met making all kinds of criticisms of you on the internet.