Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Shopping with Neteller - Store Open

you have no idea the favor you did me.

because of your post, i checked my site and realized that some of my images were hosted at another URL that i put up for sale. i had a bunch of html corrections to make and i might not of found the problem anytime soon.

good reply spazz for me.

mike, your site loads fine for me.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you could find some way for players to turn neteller dollars into hard cash

this is such a touchy business to get into with the current AG and the unmodified P-Act.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that would please many people, but Granny is right. Converting neteller funds to cash is a line I don't want to cross.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:18 PM

Everybody is so crazy here for the Dell 20 inch LCD monitors, I bet Dell would get a lot of business if they could be persuaded to hook with this kind of deal.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this is such a touchy business to get into with the current AG and the unmodified P-Act.

[/ QUOTE ]For those not in the know, can we have a Reader's Digest version of who the current Attorney General is, what the P-Act is, and how these things are whittling away at my cashouts?
Old 10-15-2004, 09:41 AM

it really won't affect your cashouts.

the AG is ashcroft and the P-Act is a post 9-11 law designed to stop the flow of money to terrorists by giving the DOJ almost unconstitutional powers of search and seizure. if a merchant were to start selling cashable amex MO's, this could be construed as making it easy to move funds from some unsavory person in afghanistan to some sleeper cell in the bronx. the P-Act allows them to snoop amex records, require amex to report, and also gives them the right to go to a guy selling these amex checks and either demand his client list, or worse, slip into the offices overnight (or hack into computer records from a 3rd location) and do some peeking. warrants for this are issued by secret judges to secret enforcers, making it impossible to know how any information gained would be used. finally, someone selling cashable amex checks from NETeller funds would be considered to be aiding the movement of funds in such a way that is against our national security, hence could be the target of an investigation (with their clients). before the P-Act, warrants and proof were needed for such investigations. no more.

the law sees the movement of poker funds in the same way as the movement of drug or terrorist money and can now be investigated as such.

best summary i could provide without getting too deep.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody is so crazy here for the Dell 20 inch LCD monitors, I bet Dell would get a lot of business if they could be persuaded to hook with this kind of deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the 20" Dell on Amazon, but you can get a ViewSonic 20" LCD.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:36 PM

Any update on the VISA gift cards Mike?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:05 PM

Thanks for the answers Mike,

I could use a nice monitor. I'd probably find a way to make that happen if there was a way to do it through neteller.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 PM

I looked through some of the vendors on giftcertificates.com and did see a few 19" flat screen monitors (on mediaplay.com)

I just don't know anything about monitors..so I don't know if they are inferior to the Dell or something.

Mike; maybe you could add another division to your company: personal shopper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2004, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any update on the VISA gift cards Mike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to disappoint, but I did more research into and I found a way to provide them, but I've decided against it. As Granny mentioned earlier, providing visa or amex cards is like selling cash and with patriot act uncertainty it doesn't seem like a good idea to get into the cash card business.

I will continue to look for new gift certificates though.