Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

[ QUOTE ]

Snowball should just muster the courage to ask her if she likes him in that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORST ADVICE EVER!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

NEVER DELIVER A MIXED MESSAGE TO A WOMAN CONCERNING WHETHER YOU WISH TO BE HER FRIEND OR WHETHER YOU WISH TO BEND HER OVER AND RAM HER REPEATEDLY WHILE SHE SCREAMS YOUR NAME.

This is rule number f-ing one, fellas.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is not. Mixed Messages are good, as long as the ramming messages are being done.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:52 AM

So if our playing games is unethical, why do women get a reprieve? I know it is just because they're women.

This is the same principle as the one wherein we get bitched out for paying so much attention to our penis size... yet we dont complain a bit when a chick says, come here, grab my boob, I think it's too small.

Know why? Its a boob.

I do it too, its just kinda frustrating. Why not hold out for women who are as ethical as some of you want to state you are? Either A) you're not, you're posturing, or B) You can't wait that long, or think it does not exist, which in my mind is a much weaker thing to believe.

ugh.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speak for yourself. Some of us men are secure enough with what we have to offer we don't need silly little games to trick a women into liking us.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that has come from this thread is that you have no game.

Women play games. There is no argueing that. If you haven't picked this up by now then the only answer is that you date ugly, insecure women.

You do have to be secure and confident, but you also have to know how to handle the situation correctly. Sadly enough, the correct way to play it is to play games back.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Speak for yourself. Some of us men are secure enough with what we have to offer we don't need silly little games to trick a women into liking us.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that has come from this thread is that you have no game.

Women play games. There is no argueing that. If you haven't picked this up by now then the only answer is that you date ugly, insecure women.

You do have to be secure and confident, but you also have to know how to handle the situation correctly. Sadly enough, the correct way to play it is to play games back.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOTed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does he not have the option of using booze? I mean, when I was in college, that's how we got laid. Throw a few wine coolers down the broad's throat, tell your roomate to take a hike, and batta-bing, you're in. I mean, isn't that just faster than taking the time to emotionally manipulate her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just graduated college in the spring. I know several people that have had rape charges filed against them for situations exactly like the one you described. A girl can have ONE drink, beg for the man-meat and the next day decide she regrets her decision and call it rape. The law takes her side. This is contingent on you meeting her for the first time that night (I believe), so it doesn't apply to snowball's situation per se, but be careful before giving this advice anymore in the future. The times, they are a changin'....
Old 11-07-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Sklansky\'s advice works

I didn't want to do this, because it makes me look bad, and frankly, its no one's business, but I really feel that people are overlooking Sklansky's insight into this matter.

Anyway, here goes:

A few days ago I had a girl over. I've known here for almost two years. I made a move on her, and she shot me down, because she's with another guy right now. I said thats ok, and I understand that she doesn't want to be with me, but I also explained that I can't be friends with her.

I didn't try to make her feel guilty, and I didn't try to make her feel sorry for me. We said our goodbyes. Two days later she calls me, and she's all over me. She says she wants to break up with her boyfriend for me. I explained that I can't be her boyfriend, and she shouldn't leave the guy she's with for me. Then she said that she at least wants to see me on the side.

Thats right; she went from shooting me down to BEGGING for either a relationship or sex. I wasn't even nice to her when she called. She said a couple of rude things, and I hung up on her. She called back and begged for more. The situation is totally nuts, but completely true.

The point is to win. Sklansky understands this, why can't everyone else?

Best,
Snowball
Old 11-07-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s advice works

So you made a move on her, but now you don't want her? Why not? You weren't a needy bitch. You made your move and when she denied you, you told her what was up. This turned her on and made her vision of you totally different. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess it really depends on how good of friends you were with the girl.

I believe your story as it is easily true and not very far fetched to anyone who truely knows how females think.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be skimming over some details.

1. The friends plan is the last resort. Perhaps you are worried that with this as a backup he will not be as enthusiastic about plan A.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep describing this plan as a last ditch effort, but it isn't.

There are 3 possible plans.
A) Directly ask her out immediately.
B) Keep inviting her to group activities, but don't really tip your hand. Hope that the right circumstances might lead to something.
C) Do the friendship thing for two more months, then reveal your feelings and tell her the friendship has to end if she doesn't bite.

Plan A is obviously mutually exclusive to plan C. You can't ratchet up a friendship if you've already asked her out and been shot down because she'll put on the brakes.

Plan B is also mutually exclusive to plan B because until you make a move, you are just hanging out and being friends, which is really just a phase of plan C.

Furthermore, it is irrelevant to me whether this plan is a last ditch effort or not. If Snowball cheats on the Bar exam after taking it and failing twice, is his dishonesty mitigated by the fact that his cheating was a last ditch effort?

[ QUOTE ]
2. He wants more than just to get into her pants. And he believes he would be good for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point? Guys who beat their girlfriends believe the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Given those two things no one would blame him for pulling out all stops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really really want it, so whatever I do is justified.

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile your posts are starting to remind me of soldiers or streetfighters who rail against less tough guys beating them through the use of technoligically superior weapons. But the truth of the matter is that they want to foster an environment where their talent is not superseded by stealth from less talented guys. Because that's to their benefit. (Which is why I have never been that appalled by poker cheats with 115 IQs who had no chance to beat the game on the square. I want them gone. But if they have honed some talent to try to avoid working for Hertz, any outrage I had toward them would be mighty self serving.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this to be pretty bizarre logic. Are you saying that you wouldn't be outraged if someone broke into your home and stole everything he could lay his hands on?

Because, you know, maybe it's just some poor fellow who doesn't have the competitive advantages necessary to succeeding in a market driven economy. Perhaps he's both stupid and lazy and simply attempting to level the playing field for himself by honing the talent of breaking and entering.

And you'd like the police to stop him, right? But you're not outraged because it's self-serving to be outraged when you have the natural advantages of intelligence and work ethic.

My guess is that the heart of our disagreement lies is within our respective definitions of the word "friend." To me, if you're friends with a woman, you don't manipulate her. I don't imagine Snowball would manipulate the friends that he's NOT attracted towards (at least I hope not), so it seems reasonable that he should apply the same standard of friendship towards a woman he IS attracted to. Otherwise, she is not truly a friend.

I really see this no differently than befriending someone who belongs to an exclusive country club in hopes you'll be invited for a round of golf, then ditching the friendship after realizing that you're not getting an invite.

True friendship comes without strings attached. The only thing one should ever expect from a friend is that they'll be loyal and true to you and work to maintain the relationship. I think that if you consider the close friendships you have with your guy friends and compare them with Snowball's relationship to this woman, you'll see that they are not at all the same.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This takes the cake for the stupidest thing ever to come from a man.

Seriously, you think that all women that aren't ugly or insecure are the ones that don't play games? You know who plays games? The stupid ones that have nothing to offer but sex and touching their boobs. Thats all they have. No brains, no wit, no creativity, no independence.

That leads me to believe from the answers on these posts that men are interested in ass from girls that will play games.

Gentlemen, there are many types of women out there. Go do something cultural. Not every woman with a functioning brain is ugly nor would they ever be insecure.

I think these types of women scare men, therefore you go for the easy ones. Those ones play games because they know every man wants sex and thats what they have to offer.