Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Agree/Disagree

[ QUOTE ]

There is no person on the planet who makes the right play every time, or for that matter always has perfect EV. So inherently everyone is "wrong" about their play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obvious. But your theory is akin to saying 2nd pair is better than top pair and I will play 2nd pair stronger than top pair. IOW, you are missing a fundamental concept about shallow stacked, fast rising blinds SNGs that no long term player should ignore. Sure, if the blind to stack ratio remained at level 1 depth for long periods of time before 100-200 then what you are advocating becomes more and more correct. But we cannot ignore that this is simply NOT the case. [ QUOTE ]

However, i believe strongly that the GOAL of sng's is to not have to put all of your chips at risk without what you believe is the best hand by a wide margin, whether it is the absolute nuts, or 2nd or 3rd nuts. I'm not going to fold 10s on a flop of Q 10 2. The idea is to keep yourself ahead enough of the time to make it absolutely profitable, instead of going all in with AQ against J10 early in a sng. There is just no need, especially if you believe you can outplay the person after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are not going to be in a situation where you have the nuts or near nuts enough to make the above correct. You are missing something fundamental about the structure of online SNGs and I hope many other players share your view. Frankly that makes them profitable for the rest of us. So if you want to continue believing the way you do, be my guest.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Elin Grindemyr. She likes making out with girls and pushing K8 from the SB with <8 bbs.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:34 PM

[censored] lawyers, always using 100 words where 10 will do.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct...the sound of my own voice soothes me.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:00 PM

Wow, maybe I should have tried harder to hijack this thread.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The push strategy works in the mid to late game because they fold too much. If they did not fold too much then we would have to exploit some other mistake they make.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Proper push strategy works even when the other guy uses proper call strategy. It may work extra good becuase very few players know proper call strategy, but it would still work if they all had SNGPT fired up and at their disposal.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm attempting to restrain myself from posting.

[/ QUOTE ]
How's that going?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM

that's my mom!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Yes, the objective is not to lose(??).

What you aren't getting is that the means to prevent showdown is pushing. If you 'play poker' or whatever with AQ with 7.5 BB, you're increasing the chances you have to show down a hand.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ vs. JT = you HAVE the best hand, push
Closed Thread