Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: The biggest Troll(s) at OOT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we define "troll" as someone who deliberately sets out to start a buncha [censored], then no, you're not a troll at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Did you read the "All music made after 1990 sucks" thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't. I'm willing to be corrected, though. And you should understand that he probably means every word of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a troll makes incendiary comments solely to get a rise out of people. Whether he believes what he's saying is irrelevant, it's the negative reaction that the troll lives for.

Indy always believes what he posts, and isn't posting simply to draw attention to himself (or at least, no more so than most other posters on here).
Old 10-19-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we define "troll" as someone who deliberately sets out to start a buncha [censored], then no, you're not a troll at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't. I'm willing to be corrected, though. And you should understand that he probably means every word of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

...isn't posting simply to draw attention to himself

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I am baffled. This is the same guy who made a poll about whether he should leave OOT and another thread challenging the entire forum to play him heads up.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I am baffled. This is the same guy who made a poll about whether he should leave OOT and another thread challenging the entire forum to play him heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't consider him a troll. Those actions might be committed by trolls, but they're not uniquely troll-like.

Besides, even if you're convinced that those behaviours were "trolling", 99% of the time Indy isn't doing stuff like that. He's posting his honest opinion, just like everyone else.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a little behind in my reading, but I have no idea how I make censoreds troll list. Ive always been str8 with the guys on this forum and every one of my threads has been entertaining. On the other hand, this moderator censored could be considered a troll, hell even perhaps an [censored].

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

we could start with why the hell you decided to bump this thread.

EDIT: kyro beat me to it.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stlantly - now banned but amazingly posting again

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a new alias already? We need an "Aliases thread" to keep track of who has duplicate accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was just dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] my trolldar sucks.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't consider him a troll. Those actions might be committed by trolls, but they're not uniquely troll-like.

Besides, even if you're convinced that those behaviours were "trolling", 99% of the time Indy isn't doing stuff like that. He's posting his honest opinion, just like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you're right...he really annoyed me with those threads at the time, and I do think they were trolling, but I agree that he pretty much hasn't been like that since.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

I made that list as an effort to give a heads up to posters who I thought needed to step up their game or risk being banned.

I would add pokerdirty to it and perhaps remove Jihad
Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
istewert isn't a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp. To even place IStewart in the troll category is stretching it to say the least

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart has flamed me ever since I told him that Jimmy Paige is the most overated guitarist ever and that anyone who thinks he is the best guitarist of all time either don't play guitar or sucks at guitar. This pissed him off and he let me know it. I then told him that anyone with an ounce of musical talent can play any Paige song after 6 months of lessons and a little diligence. Since then he has nothing but flamed me. He even flamed me when I posted this (NSFW) . I guess he's still trying to learn the stairway solo.

BTW, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you istewart. Grudges are for grouchs.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I then told him that anyone with an ounce of musical talent can play any Paige song after 6 months of lessons and a little diligence. I guess he's still trying to learn the stairway solo.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why I read OOT. Well done.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:34 PM

Just be happy you don't have Stanzee posting here! He's the biggest troll on the STT forum.