Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Results

Often when I fold the turn, I have the best hand but it would lose on the river. This was a case of too many ways to lose.

Still like the fold, though. (But I think Clark had the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Now I know you aren't a folder, are you?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: A nice twist

"Did somebody say 108 sooted? Sounds familiar."

im allowed to do that. the rest of you have an image to uphold.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Results

I have a question, and it's an honest, "I don't know what I'm talking about" question. SKP, (and anybody else if I missed it,) why is a 3bet preflop out of the question in this hand? I have a feeling it has quite a bit to do with the fact that the limpers described are bad players. On one hand, I don't hate to isolate against somebody who has a fairly wide range of hands when I'm holding KQo, and knocking out some customers... but on the other hand, on my best days, I'd end up throwing all the fish back and fighting a shark with my bare hands while out of position with a hand that can get quite painful post flop.

And my other question: To those that advocate a call... just how bad would I have to suck post-flop to make folding a viable alternative? Because I think my first inclination is to fold here too.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Did somebody say 108 sooted? Sounds familiar."

im allowed to do that. the rest of you have an image to uphold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough for me.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:39 AM

How the fck did this hand turn into a preflop debate? Can we talk about the turn bet please, people? Really, the turn bet, people, focus! 4 opponent to the turn, and he's on the button as the PFR, I don't see value in it Clark, I don't. If he doesn't have one, one of the cattle between you do and if he raises a draw or weaker K-playback, you're forced to fold, so why bet?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:31 AM

I don't like the turn bet either, but the thing is this..... once that Ace hit whether he wanted to and he didn't want it do, his hand was over.

You have all those callers in there and with that type of flop either someone hit a better two pair which can happen because as Clark stated he's playing with Idiots and idiots do call with middle pair,bottom pair Ace Kicker. one of his Queens is tainted with a flush and the other queen completes a straight.

He has to believe the only hand that can help him at this point is a king.

I believe even if he checks and there is a bet, he probably has to fold there.

I guess you'd have to call out the math boys for a call on the turn if he did check and would have to call one bet but.... the pot is bigger now and its costing him one bet.... you can forget the bet he put in on the turn because that is part of the pot..... so even still checking and folding this turn can't be all that bad.

Also with the hand this guy has that raised him on the turn "KJ", he's only ahead of one other K holding that is reasonable and that is KT.

He's ahead of KJ, KT, QQ and JJ, with QQ not being as likely since he holds a Q in his hand.

TJ Cloutier says - "if you can't fold a winning hand, you can't win"
Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 AM

"Should you 3-bet? I don't think so."

I want to meet any man who 3-bets this turn and bring him to my game PRONTO!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How the fck did this hand turn into a preflop debate? Can we talk about the turn bet please, people? Really, the turn bet, people, focus! 4 opponent to the turn, and he's on the button as the PFR, I don't see value in it Clark, I don't. If he doesn't have one, one of the cattle between you do and if he raises a draw or weaker K-playback, you're forced to fold, so why bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't put the PFR on an ace unless it was specifically AK. He wouldn't bet THAT flop with an unimproved ace unless it was a flush ace, and I'd have expected him to jam with that. Unless, of course, it was AK, then his line makes sense. His line also makes sense with a set.

The retards could have anything. I'm not giving them a free card on that board.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:39 AM

What were you trying to accomplish with the turn bet?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:33 PM

If button is decent he realizes the quality of limpers in the pot and is bumping it to get solid players like Clark out of the pot. Definitely call preflop. I checkraise the flop. Lead the turn depending on the card, in this case, thats thats an awful card to see so I would check fold.