Kingdom Hearts
Chrono Trigger
FFVI
Skies of Arcadia
Suikoden I - IV
Dark Cloud 1 or 2

Ok, any of these I should discard?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probable I play more games than anyone on 2+2. Suikoden 3 and 4 are pure garbage, Dark cloud 1 is good but only as an old school good.

Symphonia is the best on the list, it's really the best by far and the gameplay is fun.

Kingdom hearts is 2nd, but mostly because the side/end game stuff is really good.

Arcadia is one of those games thats slightly better at everything but just doesn't ever capture your attnetion

Dark Cloud 2 is fairly decent but it's a little too kiddy and commercial and the story is crap.

Final Fantasy X is only good because of production values and because people suck squares wang.

Chrono Trigger is obviously awesome, but it isn't within the time frame you mentioned, ditto FF VI. If you're going to go back to PSX games go get Symphony of the Night, period. Tales of Destiny 2 (Same line of games as Symphonia) is also really awesome, it's probably slightly better than Symphonia.

Suikoden 1/2 are both quite good, but maybe lacking nowdays.

1. Tales
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Top 2 make rest crappy, why bother. (Symphony either rankes 3rd or 1st depending on how much action you like in your RPGs)

If you're into Strategy RPG's I liked Disgaea and Makai Kingdom, but all the games inbetween these two pretty much were blah.

P.S. Wild Arms 1 is getting re-released for PS2 completely updated with entirely new graphics, added chars, and more content. I would wager it will be better than all these games. Release date is mid October.

Edit. Spelling
Old 10-01-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Nominees

Thanks. I've got Wild Arms and I thought it was pretty good.

I definitely like the more strategic type games.