Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Will the noise bother your roommate?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wait till one of these things happen, then put her off...That'll be less awkward. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal is to never have to have either happen. Why face her with rejection when it doesnt have to come to that? Why make yourself look like a giant douche when you needent?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obvious to everyone, even the suspected homosexual OP that she wants the cock, wether it's tucked or not.

Some would argue that avoiding the situation entirely is the douche-move. I would consider this more of a rejection then simply talking and clearing the air.

Option A: Avoid her advances like the plague.
Result A: She will either think you are gay, an idiot, or an ass.

Option B: Wait for her to make an actual physical or verbal advance and then rebuff her.
Result B: She will either think you are gay, an idiot, or an ass.

OPTION C: Ask her if the signals you are receiving are correct! (wow, what a thought). If yes, explain that you do not have time for a relationship, tell her you already have 'a girl at home', tell her you have the clap...It really doesn't matter what the reason is, the point is that he will be making clear his intentions (or lake there of).
RESULT C: You will gain her respect and she will consider you mature....

...or she'll think you're gay.

Why wonder what people are thinking when you can ask them.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OPTION C: Ask her if the signals you are receiving are correct! (wow, what a thought). If yes, explain that you do not have time for a relationship, tell her you already have 'a girl at home', tell her you have the clap...It really doesn't matter what the reason is, the point is that he will be making clear his intentions (or lake there of).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd love to be there for that convorsation

You: Can we talk? I cant tell if you are babbling all the time about wanting to go to my roomk because you are interested in me, or just because you are a socially inept doctorial student.

Her: Uhm, I like you?
You: Great, now that I've made you emotionally vunerable by exposing your true feelings, I want to shoot you down, but arent you impressed by how mature I am?
Her: I have to go home now

Or

You: Its obvious you really like me, and I want to let you know that I just dont feel that way about you.
Her: wow, look at the ego on you. Just because Im friendly and asked you some questions, dont go thinking you are hot [censored] and I want to [censored] you or something *laughs* wait till I tell everyone I know about this
You: You mean, tell them how mature I am right?
Her: *laughs*
Old 08-08-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd love to be there for that convorsation

You: Can we talk? I cant tell if you are babbling all the time about wanting to go to my roomk because you are interested in me, or just because you are a socially inept doctorial student.

Her: Uhm, I like you?
You: Great, now that I've made you emotionally vunerable by exposing your true feelings, I want to shoot you down, but arent you impressed by how mature I am?
Her: I have to go home now

Or

You: Its obvious you really like me, and I want to let you know that I just dont feel that way about you.
Her: wow, look at the ego on you. Just because Im friendly and asked you some questions, dont go thinking you are hot [censored] and I want to [censored] you or something *laughs* wait till I tell everyone I know about this
You: You mean, tell them how mature I am right?
Her: *laughs*

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you'd continue to receive her best tutoring too...
Old 08-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Ok Alobar since you are active in this thread now, how do I let her know what she has been insinuating? At this point I honestly don't think she realizes what she is doing.

EDIT: Right now I want to be blunt and gentle immediately after the final.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And here-in we find the problem.

Both of these initial 'You:'s presume that she is interested. Why ask if you are already assuming?

Why not...

You: "Hey, can I ask you something. I feel dumb asking, but I can't help but feel like there is 'something' between us building... I could be totally off-base here, but I need to ask because I really respect you and I don't want to give you the wrong impression..."

I'm not tring to bust balls here, but this is really very trivial which is why I chose to go the "you're possibly gay" route (which I still may beleive). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Turn up the heat a notch

[ QUOTE ]
Make up some girlfriend, and then talk about her alot.....hell girls do that all the time when they want to try and avoid the akward situation you find yourself in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some women will want you more if you do this.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[
Why not...

You: "Hey, can I ask you something. I feel dumb asking, but I can't help but feel like there is 'something' between us building... I could be totally off-base here, but I need to ask because I really respect you and I don't want to give you the wrong impression..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont see the need to put yourself in that position. I think the whole thing can easily be avoided by letting her know in a different way that you arent interested in her. Its better for you and her. Also when you confront her like this, I just think it opens you up to the possibility of her throwing it back in your face. Even if she does like you, she can play it off that she doesnt, and act all insulted about the whole thinng. Girls do this to guys alot and I think its just really lame and makes them look self centered. Some guy is overly friendly and gets confronted with the "*tch uh* I'm not interested in you that way". and then hes stuck looking like a dumbass, even if he was or wasnt interested in her.

You also run the risk of losing her tutoring if confrontation doesnt go smoothly, where as if you just try and divert it, you dont have to worry about that.

Wacki: to answer your question, I would just talk about some other girl or something, or pick someplace to study where you arent alone at your place. If its REALLY bad or she doesnt take to the more subtle approaches, then you might not have a choice and just might have to give her the "Im not into you" speech.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:50 AM

This is turning into a [censored] sewing circle. Next you're all going to practice making out with pillows.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:58 AM

You must bone this woman.

The sex you pass up is the sex you never have.

If you don't.

In a couple of years you'll say

"Gee I should of boned that hot asian tutor"
Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Turn up the heat a notch

You may just be making too much of this. Sounds like she is getting a kick out of pretending to flirt. That's why she's doing it so transparently. The fact that it makes you nervous might be part of the fun for her too. Try playing along instead (in an obviously joking way).