Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Isn\'t it good / Norwegian wood

Cyrus : "Does that mean that in order to have an opinion about Iraq one must be there and smell it, taste it, see it and touch it?"

Gamblor : "Yes."

Not that your credibility was any higher before, but with the above remark it has now officially sunk to sea level.

I'll let your further "elaboration" on the matter speak for itself:

Gamblor : "I'd imagine your opinion of Jennifer Connolly is quite superficial. Maybe you think she looks good, but what do you know about her as a person?"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Get ready for some LOGIC

Are you seriously claiming Iraqi civilians have not been killed? ChrisB made no reference to intent, he simply said they that US soldiers are killing civilians.

Chris Alger did in fact claim that US troops are almost certainly killing civilians (intentionally). That is what I was arguing. He couldn't possibly know that they were deliberately killing civilians for fun or as a tactic of warfare unless he had eyewitness account or incontrovertible proof.

This is an undisputable fact, whether intentional or not, innocent Iraqi citizens are beng killed every day. And neither one of you knows how much the other one knows about the situation in Iraq, so there is no point in making false accusations about each other's knowledge of the subject. Lets grow up, eh?

I'd still bet my next cashout that neither Cyrus nor Chris Alger has ever set foot on Iraqi or Israeli soil.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Requiem for a clue

Cyrus : "Does that mean that in order to have an opinion about Iraq one must be there and smell it, taste it, see it and touch it?"

Gamblor : "I'd imagine your opinion of Jennifer Connolly is quite superficial. Maybe you think she looks good, but what do you know about her as a person?"

So you know more about Jennifer Connolly than I thought? My mistake. Why don't you tell me about her favourite dessert. Maybe her favourite band. Does she have any birthmarks? What kind of guys does she like? (I bet it's not obnoxious know-nothing know-it-alls who post on Internet forums!)

You know as much about the real Ms. Connolly as the real Israel. I bet you'd buy her autobiography if it was written by Noam Chomsky.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: To the conservatives out there

a serious question: how and why do you waste your time repsonding to posts like this or the typical Cyrus post?? seems like a big waste of time.

Pat
Old 12-02-2004, 03:51 AM

Default Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Sexually Aroused Gas Mask

[ QUOTE ]
Cyrus : "In order to have an opinion about Iraq one must be there and smell it, taste it, see it and touch it?"

Cyrus : "Hey, I simply must have an opinion on Jennifer Connelly!"

Gamblor : "So you know more about Jennifer Connolly than I thought? My mistake. Why don't you tell me about her favourite dessert. Maybe her favourite band. You know as much about the real Ms. Connolly as the real Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't know Ms Connelly at all. (Actually, I'm the one who's disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )

In any case, it is truly amazing that you are still trying to defend yet another untenable position as if it's the Golan Heights! To insist on supporting the total, total stupidity that to have an opinion about something, anything, such as Iraq (or Ms Connelly!), one must have personal, physical and intimate knowledge first, only shows the depths of silliness to which you are ready to descend in pursuit of your ideology's objectives.

Note that you are also living proof (by the opposite road) that intimate experience does not necessarily mean thorough knowledge of a subject, through your sheer ignorance about so many aspects of Israeli affairs or the greater implications of Israeli policy, despite you having served in the IDF, being in Israel, etc.

...Ah, if it weren't for keen observers like the composer of Gas Mask, we would have been crushed by stupidity - instead of being able to laugh at it!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]