Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: From the Text Book: HAND READING

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: RESULT

[ QUOTE ]
I also had not realised how sensitive to cracked Aces some of you guys would be.

[/ QUOTE ]
My opinion had nothing to do with the fact that you had AA or took a bad beat. I hope I didn't lead you to believe that.

[ QUOTE ]
I was being ironic (why else would I use the phrase "poker demons"?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Hopefully you understand that we get so many inadvertantly ironic posts in this forum that it's sometimes hard to discern those which are purposely ironic.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I still believe that when confronted by an unknown player we need to be prepared for surprises and I for one feel quite reluctant to lay this down here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm wouldn't have laid your hand down (due to pot odds), but I think you can believe villian is a pretty horrible player and still recognize you're almost always losing after the turn raise. Maybe that means I give unknowns more credit than you, I dunno.

In this hand, when villian raised the turn after you 3-bet both PF and the flop, even a total donk is going to have a hand that beats TPGK. I don't have to give villian credit for playing a good hand PF; I only have to give him credit for knowing all my betting means I have a big hand, and that he thinks his hand is beating it. I'd figure I was either ahead of AQ or KK, or that villian had picked up any of the myriad hands that are beating me.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2005, 05:02 PM

Ah, maturity.

It's sad that so many posts went to this completely worthless thread and argument (so I may as well add one more).
Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Yes, yes I call and expect to lose this almost every time.

Against unknowns who cold-call or do other strange things I am even more inclined to see the SD, on a table with only 2-3 bad players it is worth finding out very quickly who they are and just what they are capable of. I probably do call a little too much in such spots, is it a price worth paying do you think? Card-based reads are worth a lot more than PT stats IMO.

The counter-argument is, of course, that bad players tend to reveal themselves pretty quickly (and we do have the "View previous hand" function to reveal pockets on any SD hand played).

NB
What the hell is "inadvertently ironic" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Is this hand really still being discussed?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor fella... he can dish it out but he can't take it.

Edit: My apologies to the other forum participants... with my point made and naphand's concession of defeat, I will not be posting to this thread again.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's time for this thread to be locked. Actually, it should have been locked as soon as the results were announced and it became apparent that this thread wasn't as educational as it was implied it would be.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 PM

TMTTR is correct. The action was useless for hand reading purposes, and this was only made worse by the villain's ridiculous play. Complete and utter waste of time. Naphand, put a (NC) parenthetical in the subject heading the next time you decide to post about a bad beat.
Closed Thread