Raise to $7+ 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Poker starting age?.

This post amuses me.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, let me ask this question. How many of you guys are 16? 18? 20?...12? How many of you are college students? High school? Middle school? Tell me, do you remember your attention spans at that age? You can't do this guys

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many young or even underage posters on these forums. Granted most teenagers at that age are going to be complete fuckups that can't keep there emotions out of the game. Just be careful when a young player comes along that has the mind AND the discipline for poker, that person will clean up. I think it is not the worst thing in the world to start teaching your daughter about cards, not specifically texas holdem, in the coming years.

When she gets around 15 years old see how she matures, and make your decision then. If you start teaching your daughter while she is still young(>18) she will be able to process and learn cards much faster than if she were an adult. A child's brain absorbs much more information than an adults brain. If you start young you will have a huge advantage because of the learning curve that most have to overcome. Everything will be easier to pick up and will have a better understanding of the game then most.

I started playing when I was 16 and somewhat regret it and somewhat don't. It has given me tremendous oppurtunities by making amounts of money a 16 year old should never be able to make. In some ways it has helped me be a "kid" more because I have thew freedom to do what I want because of the money that I have made. But in turn it has made me pretty lazy and haz changed my ideals some. Its hard to go into class and listen to the teacher when you already know that you are making more money than him by just playing cards. I was able to keep my head straight through high school and I am now ready to head to one of the better colleges in my state.

If I had to go back again I think I would still play the game, I would just make sure that it does not become to big apart of my life.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:28 AM

If she gets too good and gets out of the kiddy pool too early, make sure the matador doesn't bust her when she's trying to make your bail money, or else she'll obsess over it for her entire life and lose her bankroll trying to cheat the matador with a thrown together signalling team.

I probably could have beat Party Poker 2-4 limit at 9 or 10 years old but judging from this riduclous post I received better genes than you passed on to your daughter.