Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6 Max - 3bb winners

[ QUOTE ]
As a matter of fact, none of us understand how 3BB-4BB is humanly possible in 10/20 6 max over the long haul with just an average run of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I dont understand how Tiger Woods can play like he does. Maybe you are just a good player and not a great one? Blaming everything on luck when you have 200K hands... thats pretty unlikely IMHO.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you are just a good player and not a great one?

[/ QUOTE ]
.......Maybe........
The good news about that is none of us have to STAY that way. That's why there are forums like this one.

[ QUOTE ]
Blaming everything on luck when you have 200K hands... thats pretty unlikely IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Blaming EVERYTHING on any particular thing (luck included) is just unrealistic. We all have room for improvement and the hard part is knowing exactly WHAT to improve.

Actually, I have 200k hands of mixed limits and only 60,000 hands of 10/20 6 max -- I understand the math involved and realize that with 60k hands, a win rate is about +/- 1.5BB from what it appears; with 99.99% probability.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
.......Maybe........
The good news about that is none of us have to STAY that way. That's why there are forums like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see my post? (I'm just asking, not being belligerent.) I honestly believe there are some skills---like recall of opponents' tendencies, and rapid application of 2nd and 3rd level thinking---that cannot be learned from a forum. Even worse, some of us may not have the potential to learn them at all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe there are some skills---like recall of opponents' tendencies, and rapid application of 2nd and 3rd level thinking---that cannot be learned from a forum. Even worse, some of us may not have the potential to learn them at all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Obviously some people are more talented poker players than others. However, everybody has the potential to improve from where he is. Even those skills you mention can be practiced and learned at least to a degree, even if you are not born with a brain like Phil Ivey´s. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 AM

how is this gay thread still going?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see my post? (I'm just asking, not being belligerent.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't take any offense to what you said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With regard to player tendencies, if my memory happens to fail me (which after turning 30 it feels like the sharpness is slipping away) I still have gametime to fall back on. I find the gametime/tracker combo to be the most powerful tool in online play.

As far as the thinking and out-thinking goes....that comes from experience and intuition. Thank god bots can't handle that human aspect of poker yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of gay, nice avatar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of gay, nice avatar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm thats not gay, thats HOT. my post was nothing against you, the thread actually had some merit in theory, but you had to foresee what it was going to turn into...
Old 09-12-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
umm thats not gay, thats HOT. my post was nothing against you, the thread actually had some merit in theory, but you had to foresee what it was going to turn into...

[/ QUOTE ]

OF COURRRRRSSSSSSE. Who didn't know that?

Still love the avatar.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
.......Maybe........

[ QUOTE ]
Blaming everything on luck when you have 200K hands... thats pretty unlikely IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Blaming EVERYTHING on any particular thing (luck included) is just unrealistic. We all have room for improvement and the hard part is knowing exactly WHAT to improve.

Actually, I have 200k hands of mixed limits and only 60,000 hands of 10/20 6 max -- I understand the math involved and realize that with 60k hands, a win rate is about +/- 1.5BB from what it appears; with 99.99% probability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, my math is off here. Turns out 1.5BB is 2 sigma, which is about 98% probability.