Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: I\'m being sued by the RIAA

Please, like there aren't tons of elitist british assholes around. (I'm under the impression you are english, I think you mentioned it somewhere)

There are tons of britons who hate american people, not just stuff like the president, but think americans are fat, stupid, loud and obnoxious, etc. My father is from Northern Ireland, so I travel to belfast and england quite often, and when I do, I get treated like crap by a ton of people. It's not that these aren't nice people, when I was in belfast this past summer I got the cold shoulder from everyone until I would mention "my father grew up here, on such and such street and I'm staying with family here", and then people would become really nice and hospitable, being friendly. For a lot of people it was night and day between being "an American" and being "an northern irish american"

You literally would not believe the crap I got from protestants when political discussions came up, they would yell at me about irish americans funding the IRA, etc. and generally for being american. But when I said, "oh my father grew up off the ormeau road and im staying with cousins" they would all treat me amazingly well and be great people.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 PM

In America men generally take a piss standing up. Is this the same in Canada or do guys pretty much have to sit because...well you know.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM

Contrary to what you may wish to believe, ho[/i]mo sapiens sapiens inhabit more than just your country.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM

I was referring more to the vehement defense of one's own country. Most Brits will be happy to admit their own country is nothing to be proud of.

Anyway, yeah, it's true Britan tends to have a negative stereotypical view of the average American. Still, this is all merely swings and roundabouts, your average American has equally retarded visions of our little island.

Not to mention we 'must know' your friend Bruce because he lives in London!

I can personally vouch for the last line taking place at least once. I live 250 miles from London, in a country of 60 million people, yet I've been expected to know someone based on their first name. Utterly bizarre.

I'm rambling. Off to bed.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 PM

How did they figure out exactly how much to sue you for? Based on the number of songs or what?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:12 PM

wtf is Canadian culture anyways? I never understood this. What exactly do Canadians do that is Canadian

I know what Americans do, we love to Barbeque, drive fast cars, spend time with friends and family, travel, spend money, hunt, play sports, drink beer, and gamble. I think thats our culture, sounds pretty damn good to me.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did they figure out exactly how much to sue you for? Based on the number of songs or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Back on topic, please. We're talking about how much better the United States is than other countries, specifically Canada.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Back on topic, please. We're talking about how much better the United States is than other countries, specifically Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real dude, stop trying to Hijack the thread! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what Americans do, we love to Barbeque, drive fast cars, spend time with friends and family, travel, spend money, hunt, play sports, drink beer, and gamble. I think thats our culture, sounds pretty damn good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you dont honestly believe that any of these are uniquely american. That certainly also describes canadians. And, probably many other countries as well.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know what Americans do, we love to Barbeque, drive fast cars, spend time with friends and family, travel, spend money, hunt, play sports, drink beer, and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean Australians?