Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Who is Todd Brunson talking about?

I think the answer is Scotty too. I wouldn't call him a grinder though lol. More like a guy with a big ego that loses all his money in lives games because he thinks he is a great poker player. When in reality he is just a great tourney player and a fish playing "real" poker.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone posted a rumor on RGP a couple of years ago that Chan was broke.

This is what Howard Lederer had to say about it.
[ QUOTE ]
High limit players go broke all the time. I was laughing because you
chose someone who is doing really well now. Johnny is in no danger of
being broke any time soon.

Howard Lederer

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that completely contrary to what Ed Malmsky wrote a few weeks a go?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:17 PM

The reason I would not go with either Scotty or Huck Seed is, I don't think they were predominant in the poker scene in the late eighties, correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing to consider is, the "15 years" statement. Remember, Todd Brunson is 35. So, Todd could basically know anyone from the gambling scene before the late eighties, because he only started knowing these individuals through gambling.

The person he is referring to could very well have been prominant in poker before the late eighties, but he could not have just come up in the poker scene after the early nineties (like Huck Seed, I think).

As Lederer says, high stakes pros go broke all the time, but what's intriguing about this statement is that this player has consistently been broke year in and year out for a significant amount of time...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the answer is Scotty too. I wouldn't call him a grinder though lol. More like a guy with a big ego that loses all his money in lives games because he thinks he is a great poker player. When in reality he is just a great tourney player and a fish playing "real" poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the show I saw he was filmed playing what looked like a relatively "low" mixed game (at least low for a champ) (green looked to be the dominant chip color) and was sitting at the time with Negreanu and I believe Allen Cunningham. His interviews talked of a lot of bad luck and tough days losing all the time.

I did sweat him for a while last year at the Mirage tourney's early days and I will say he was very nice to all the railbirds. A lot of fun to watch. Seemed like a good guy to me.