Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Are Astrology Devotees SubHuman?

I found a small white rock once many years ago and put under my pillow to see if the tooth fairy would be fooled. I don't think he was. He left a note in my dad's handwriting saying that we wasn't. Oh well, I'd still do it again. I mean, it's worth a shot, right?

Just thought I'd throw that in there and add absolutely nothing to this sub-thread.

Cheers and goodnight.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:31 AM

Recently I was curious about what the deal was with Astrology, this may help all parties concerned with the matter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology
Old 08-05-2005, 10:55 AM

Human beings have a tendency to search for patterns in everything. Some get so excited whenever they find a pattern, that they forget about the laws of physics. I am not sure if one should call them idiots, but it my opinion that describes it best.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Neptune discovered: 1846
Uranus discovered: 1781

How do the notes fit with 6 planets? Thats how many the Greeks knew about.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:10 PM

Good point.

You would rather have a son who makes himself temprorarily illogical from time to time than one who is permanantly that way. I agree
Old 08-05-2005, 04:25 PM

People who believe in astrology gather at conventions where they have little booths where people will take a picture of your "aura" with the Kirlian Aura Camera.

Maybe not subhuman, but definately gullible a bunch of mystics.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Human beings have a tendency to search for patterns in everything. Some get so excited whenever they find a pattern, that they forget about the laws of physics. I am not sure if one should call them idiots, but it my opinion that describes it best.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious.....

mathˇeˇmatˇics (mth-mtks)
n. (used with a sing. verb)

The study of the measurement, properties, and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers and symbols.

Patterns here no???? Do we know everything about physics yet, especially biophysics???? So this means...... Us idiots u genius!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I'll say the same as a past post where I ask what kind of close minded person will ever discover anything new. He does nothing but regurgitate what has been done. Sure he may be smart enough to understand the most complex things TAUGHT to him, but a pioneer (Nobel prize winner I might say) opens his mind enough to give possibility to the unbelievable and push the envelope.

Just more blind leading(or misleading) the blind imho.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who believe in astrology gather at conventions where they have little booths where people will take a picture of your "aura" with the Kirlian Aura Camera.

Maybe not subhuman, but definately gullible a bunch of mystics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again people not knowing what they are even talking about. You ever do any research into this or just laugh it off.
There have many teams of scientists FUNDED by governments to study this subject.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Simple logic shows that online poker is clearly not rigged

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you took a different logic class than I did...what the [censored] do you mean? Is "online poker is not rigged" up there with law of excluded middle?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM

for what it is worth to those bringing up the discovered planet thing. Although I am not a practicing astrologist, I do find credence in almost ALL things studied and believed by people. Astrologists predicted the finding of a tenth planet long before it was found. Search Pan Horus. I didn't know intelligence bred ignorance, or is it just arrogance?