Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Another awesome idea for you

I think this idea is funny in theory.
I just do not see why the nominated posters would feel compelled to do anything in order to "win". I mean if I am nominated, then just ban me. I am not going to go out my way to prove that I should stay on this board. I can always create a new account.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm all for [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but I still think this place would improve dramatically if the bottom ten percent or so were served their walking papers.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but I still think this place would improve dramatically if the bottom ten percent or so were served their walking papers.

[/ QUOTE ]
it'd also improve dramatically if there weren't so many posts about moderation, and thread/post rating, but that isn't going to stop either.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:51 PM

I'm thinking about eliminating this step

[ QUOTE ]
I then make a thread announcing the survival competition. Each user than has a chance to plead their case or otherwise persuade OOT that they should be the one who stays. OOTers are free to ask questions, come up with challenges, whatever you want. The only requirement is things must be contained to that thread so it doesnt clog up the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just make it a straight I pick the 2 and you decide who goes. No advanced warning, less clutter, a much cleaner kill all the way around.

Thank you for your support
Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got some positive feedback for my OOT survivor plan and I think its time to announce it and gain even more support.

Here is how it will work. Instead of me just banning of few posters for "just because" reasons I will instead allow OOT to participate and make it fun for everyone.

The plan

I choose 2 posters to face off against each other in a loser leaves OOT/gets banned match.

I then make a thread announcing the survival competition. Each user than has a chance to plead their case or otherwise persuade OOT that they should be the one who stays. OOTers are free to ask questions, come up with challenges, whatever you want. The only requirement is things must be contained to that thread so it doesnt clog up the forum.

Once it is time to decide a new thread non poll thread will be created where those want to will post theur vote.

I will impose certain qualifications that have to be met to vote, most likely being time as member, posts in OOT and non gimmick account.

The loser can either be banned or in the case of someone who posts in other forums simply exiled from OOT, free to post in the other forums but banned on sight in here.

Fair and fun for all involved, that's what I'm about.

post your support below

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you people? This is like 'The Lottery' by Shirley Jackson.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 PM

I'm sort of tired of hearing about the levels/percentages of morons etc though.

Stupid polltards with no other redeeming features I get, as do I get those that deliberately put themselves up by including themselves in a should I stay/go when they know the consequences - along with those that specifically try and piss off [censored] and bring on their own ban.

BUT the stupid stuff and the good stuff sort of complement each other, IMHO. You don't want fine steak every day, sometimes you want junk food - and the variety adds to the richness of life, it doesn't detract!

Just choose what you want, fer goodness' sake! don't insist that everyone else must have fine steak every day....
Old 10-15-2005, 03:59 PM

this is a stupid idea
just go ban the people who start best album,band,singer,lyrics,song threads. that should keep you busy for a while
Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 PM

great idea. definitely do it. the idea of an exile clause where they keep their 2p2 account but just cant post in this forum is good. some people conduct their business over the forum and if i got banned totally i'd be [censored] pissed. so exile from oot. also, under what grounds will someone be allowed back? maybe a 1-2 month thing? i think for the lame ass new posters they will just quit the forum and not come back.

also [censored], i want to see more gut bannings. go with your instinct, we need to see more high profile people go.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i bet he could pretty much start a poll for any person on OOT vs pizza, and pizza would win.

it's like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet he could pretty much start a poll for any person on OOT vs pizza, and pizza would win.

it's like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. who is pizza? you mean the food?

2. what does the puzzle with pans thing mean?