Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: 150/300 bellagio hand

God I hate when people do this type of [censored].

Announce "1 pair", flip it up after he taps the table, it's not that hard.

It must be draining to actually look for moments in life when you can be an A-hole.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:29 PM

Hmm, I find myself disagreeing with a lot of respected posters in this thread. Isn't the key thing presumably that BK would never just announce his hand, but always turn it face up when first to act? If that is indeed the case, it seems to me the other guy is being more of a [censored]. It isn't that hard to turn your bluff face up and shrug and say 'You caught me'.

Edit: Gosh '[censored]' is filtered - sucks for all the Richards out there.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: results

Also, for those of you so worried about losing the information war, you can just flash your Ace. If he mucks, great. If he wants to see your other card, he opens his hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:41 PM

how about just flipping over enough to show you beat what he declares, as another variation? If you can beat what he declares with one card, show it. If he wants to see more, then be assertive about seeing his hand. quick, honest, doesn't give him the free look.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM

I dont get this. Whats so hard about showing down your cards. I bluff multiple times and so do all. Its no big deal if somebody calls me down. And it shouldnt be for this guy either.

Ps. Have anybody of you experienced somebody lying about what they have? Ie they really try to steal the pot and not just slowrolling.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God I hate when people do this type of [censored].

Announce "1 pair", flip it up after he taps the table, it's not that hard.

It must be draining to actually look for moments in life when you can be an A-hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponent wants to see bike's hand, but doesn't want to show his own, despite the fact that the rules of the game state that he must declare his hand first. He is requesting a favor from his opponent, a request that he keep some information hidden. I have no problem with this.

I do find it interesting though that if bike wants to see villain's cards or not have to show, if bike wants to keep information about his cards hidden, if bike chooses to see all the information to which he is rightfully entitled, requesting no special favor beyond following the rules of the game, then he's being in ass.

What?

It seems to me that the best solution is to announce your own hand quality, "one pair", giving the opponent the opportunity to know that he is beaten so he doesn't have to show if he chooses to keep that information concealed. It's a nice gesture, giving him an option beyond the rules, and allows you to both benefit at the expense of the table by keeping all cards hidden. If he decides he doesn't want to give you the favor of keeping your cards hidden, then his own request is denied as well, and he must show.

-eric
Old 11-10-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine being "polite" or whatever you want to call it in a 150-300 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show him who the alpha-male is!.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do find it interesting though that if bike wants to see villain's cards or not have to show, if bike wants to keep information about his cards hidden, if bike chooses to see all the information to which he is rightfully entitled, requesting no special favor beyond following the rules of the game, then he's being in ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a good point if he had a worse King.

[ QUOTE ]
if bike chooses to see all the information to which he is rightfully entitled

[/ QUOTE ]

Letter of the law stuff. Not really applicable here (if you've played live poker for high stakes).

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the best solution is to announce your own hand quality, "one pair", giving the opponent the opportunity to know that he is beaten so he doesn't have to show

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I said.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

But in poker, not every technically correct move is considered to be proper etiquette.

For example, it is technicaly correct to ask to see your opponent's hand when he calls and quietly mucks his hand. But that is poor etiquette. Similarly, it has become the norm to just show your hand when the other guy says "I missed" even though what BK did is technically correct.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for those of you so worried about losing the information war, you can just flash your Ace. If he mucks, great. If he wants to see your other card, he opens his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time somebody tried this at my tables this weekend (Wynn) the dealer demanded they show both. Is that just the Wynn being nitty, or is it pretty standard?