Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

im in if its a prima site.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 AM

I wouid do it. 120K hands in a 3-6 month period is not that many. I think it would be a real good marketing tool for a website. It may not be +ev for me to enter the ME at the WSOP, but i would love to get the chance to play in it for something i'm going to do anyway.I play low limits NL50/NL100 on PP/Skins at 1500-2000 hands a day. If i could combine with a rakeback deal it would be really sweet.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:28 AM

Im in if it is 3/6 and lower.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:11 AM

I'm interested so far. Not down with camouflage though.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:17 AM

I'd most likely be interested, depending on the terms. great idea though
Old 07-24-2005, 06:05 AM

Just a couple of points that I think should be considered; personally I would be against the idea of dressing up in army gear and parading around the WSOP or whatever ohter major event. I am not American, and if I was attired so, it would be presumed that I am. I also dont agree with war, specifically recent events, and if I was attired so, it would be presumed that I do.

I would be afraid that an approach like this would take poker somewhere I personally feel it shouldnt go. The idea of an "army" marching in to do battle is against the every-man qualities that help make poker great. True, websites do uniform their sponsored players, but essentially they are low brow and always a subtle decoration of civilan clothing.

You must be aware that while it may seem like just a bit of fun, it carries much stronger connotations when carried across an international audience.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know when ODoyle's Army would march into that poker room they would garner much attention and would be sure to capture the eye of the media.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think this would make everyone look like a bunch of jackasses on national television.

I like the idea of rewarding players for high volume play. I would definitely do this if it were over a 3-4 month period on a site that had a large enough player base that the influx of 2+2ers would not destroy the quality of the games. But the idea of promoting it as an "army" where everyone dresses the same and all that other crap is taking it too far, in my opinion. I would pursue other options if this was the case.

I liked the idea someone floated of the 120K hands per event, with the players having control over the timing and which event. That would be something worth pursuing.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a couple of points that I think should be considered; personally I would be against the idea of dressing up in army gear and parading around the WSOP or whatever ohter major event. I am not American, and if I was attired so, it would be presumed that I am. I also dont agree with war, specifically recent events, and if I was attired so, it would be presumed that I do.

I would be afraid that an approach like this would take poker somewhere I personally feel it shouldnt go. The idea of an "army" marching in to do battle is against the every-man qualities that help make poker great. True, websites do uniform their sponsored players, but essentially they are low brow and always a subtle decoration of civilan clothing.

You must be aware that while it may seem like just a bit of fun, it carries much stronger connotations when carried across an international audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize we would have to dress up as American Soldiers!! Damn, whats next? Are we going to make the poker room hold elections!!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:36 AM

Not to burst your bubble, because I think this is a great idea, but I think sites would be better off if they offered this to everyone on their site. They would reserve the top 100 rake contributors (100 given the first crack at the opportunity, if people decline they could move down the list) and at the end of the year, those 100 players would become "Party Poker Posse" lol, or something along those lines. Some catchy name if 'Stars were to do this. Obviously that wouldn't be their name but you get my drift. This offer would still be available to all you guys, but I think if I were to own a site, I would want to offer this to all my players. This would generate insane numbers of hands played. This would make it hard for the lower limit player (such as myself) to qualify but I think that, once again, this would be in the best interest of the site.

They could make the offer strictly based on raked hands, but I think they would want their higher limit guys in there because they would be more comfortable in a 10k tournament.

I would like to see an offer like this based on raked hands and not total rake paid, but I think that is wishful thinking.

Just my thoughts

** after re-reading this and not wanting to reorganize this, I'd like to throw in another option...

A site, PartyPoker or PokerStars or whoever, could offer this every month. Top 10 players with raked hands (or rake contribution) each month get a seat in the wsop me. One player couldn't win more than one seat obviously so they could go down the line if a player were to make the top 10 twice. I think this would be the ULTIMATE profit generator, and the poker site would be guaranteed a lot of hands throughout the year. New players signing up in October or something could have a chance to win it in November. If it was my first idea, only the people starting off at the beginning would have any real shot at winning.

This is probably the most unorganized thing you have ever read, but I hope you get mah drift.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize we would have to dress up as American Soldiers!! Damn, whats next? Are we going to make the poker room hold elections!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My point illustrated beautifully.