Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Paradise double paid my neteller?? advice

A buddy of mine lost 400$ to party or neteller fing up his cashout. He tried for months to get the money back, emailing party, emailing neteller, with nothing but a run around at every turn. If they cashed out extra money to me, I would keep it in a second. Of course, this was party and not paradise, and i don't know how paradise would have reacted to the situation.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they do not claim it after a month I think its "safe" to cash out due to the fact they will most likely not catch it from that point on, which does not have a negative impact at you playing on there in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way wrong.

I once tried to deposit a paycheck via bank ATM. It failed the first two or three times, so I went into the bank and deposited it manually. Later, all those failed deposits showed up as cleared and in my account!

I told the bank, and they said, "Ok, it'll get fixed." A month later and it was still there.

Just when I was beginning to think about buying something shiny, it disappeared (well over one month later; more like two).
Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Why on earth did you tell the bank? I would have let the extra funds sit idle for awhile (say 6 months - 12 months, since a bank is much more likely to have strict accounting procedures) and then withdrawn.

Another option is to withdraw all hte money and close your account. I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

You'd be a liar of course, but a rich one!

I had a friend in a similar situation, a bank double applied a check of about $300 to his account and they never caught the mistake or realized it later and just didn't correct it.

Oh and here's a really odd odd bank error story...

I open a checking account with about $1000. A few days later I notice my balance is like $1021. I have a $21 deposit from Kroger (the grocery chain).

I had never been in a Kroger in my life and the account was like 2 weeks old, I was like... very strange...

fast forward a month and lo and behold another deposit from Kroger for $4, at this point I was like "WOO HOO!" as I had dreams of free monthly deposits, but unfortunately that was the last one.

Nobody ever took the money back and I have no idea where it came from or why.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:42 AM

First and foremost, this is not stealing.

i bet you think card sharing and soft playing friends is not collusion. am i right? as long as it is passive, it is ok, huh?

to the OP.

return it!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, they have recourse. They can sue you for treble damages in most states (treble means TRIPLE damages). They can send it to a collection agency. How do you think banks recover funds from the millions of bounced checks? They bounce because there is no money in the account but they still manage to collect.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they would have any legal recourse to get the money back, since it was their error and you could simply argue "I didn't notice the extra money"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, they have recourse. They can sue you for treble damages in most states (treble means TRIPLE damages). They can send it to a collection agency. How do you think banks recover funds from the millions of bounced checks? They bounce because there is no money in the account but they still manage to collect.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, an offshore gambling site trying to use the american court system to recover money that was to be used for gambling. That is too funny.

not to mention the legal costs of bringing such an action in america presuming a court would even hear the case. They would have spend thousands upon thousands just to bring the action.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, an offshore gambling site trying to use the american court system to recover money that was to be used for gambling. That is too funny.

not to mention the legal costs of bringing such an action in america presuming a court would even hear the case. They would have spend thousands upon thousands just to bring the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I thought you were referencing the BANK not the poker site. You are correct. There is no way the poker site will come after you for the extra money. But a bank certainly will...