Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Biggest Pot Won At A Level: Update

[ QUOTE ]
NL pots can't mean that much, since you could easily have a 500BB pot. It's much more interesting to see limit pots, where you have a max 120BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because most sites have incorrect betting rules. When the pot is contested heads up there should be no cap on the number of raises. Which there luckily aren't on Cryptologic where I pretty much manage to get my entire stack in against some maniac on a daily basis. If he want's to 23-bet his non-nut hand against my nut hand I'll love him for a day.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:51 PM

Default my biggest pot

$300 at NL $2. i had KK, and the other two guys had JJ. poor guys.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Biggest Pot Won At A Level

In terms of big bets it was a 38BB pot at 2/4. Capped 4 ways preflop, I held AA and flopped an A, there was a maniac with Q high who was betting and raising every chance and there was another guy with AK who called all the bets.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:16 PM

$289 at Party 3/6 ~48BBs

Turned a royal flush against a set of kings that rivered a full house and a set of queens that did the same. Of course there was someone with a flush in there too. 4 way capping on all streets.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 Party 2 handed
Final pot $182 - 91 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won a $966 pot (32.2 big bets) at $15/$30 with J9dd. Yes, that is now my favorite hand.

Flop Td8cXc, and beautiful Qd on the turn giving me the nut straight and a flush draw... and I was screaming at my monitor, "NO CLUUUUUUUUUUUUB!" as the river turned as FIVE people were going to see the river. No club or diamond hit and I was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh that hand is so fragile its not funny, first off any A,K,J or 9 can give someone a better straight, any Q,T,8 or X(whatever it is) allows a fullhouse(or 4of a kind) into the picture, and any 2-7 that is a club or diamond brings the flushes into play

basically the only cards that are good for you are Kd,8d, 2-7 spades and hearts, likely the Ad ... ya you have the nut straight, but the redraws are so prevailant its almost impossible for you to be the favorite into the river against 4 other hands
Old 12-15-2004, 06:19 PM

I'm a rookie who moved through .02/.04 at Paradise and built my free $2 into $40.

I went to Pacific and played my free $10 on the .05/.10 to $50. I hit what I called a rough streak last night and then SUDDENLY, AFTER BEING SUCKED OUT ON A SET OF JACKS AND THEN A SET OF QUEENS (back to back!), THE VERY NEXT HAND WAS A SET of 4's that won me a $4.25 pot...42 1/2 big bets...lovely!

What made it even nicer was that, with the jacks and queens, I was unable to build the pot because the villains were on draws and would only call!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 AM

50c/$1 7CS $22.25 = 22.25bb

Commentary: I have trip jacks and go to war on third. On fourth the case jacks falls to someone else. What I suspect is buried Aces gives me lots of action. When he makes an open pair on fifth giving him two pair he falls prey to a raise. (He also has three diamonds showing on sixth including diamonds on third and fourth but I do not fear the flush unnecessarily.)I manage to trap a third hand to the river as well. All in all a good hand.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:49 AM

at .50/1.00 my biggest was 43 BBs after rake
at 1/2 my biggest has been 40 BBs after rake so far.

all on party not that it matters cause i had 3 raisers on the river in both.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:49 AM

Last night I won a 35BB pot in 10/20 6m. I think that might be the biggest pot I've ever won at that level.

Took K9s to war against two AK's and got to cap the flop, turn, and river on a 99AK6 board. Oh yeah, PF was capped too (don't ask). Took some heart to put in that last river raise given the PF, flop, and turn action...