Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: I\'ve Read Barry\'s Book

[ QUOTE ]
i just use the magnet bracelets

[/ QUOTE ]
To cure cancer?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 AM

I'm in the midst of writing a multi-part series about the great phenomenon that changed the final week in Charlie's life. I feel blessed that I was in on it.

I truly feel like I was a big winner this year at the series.

Thanks for your never-ending support, Dr. Al.

If anyone wants to read what I have so far on this issue, it can be found at:

http://felicialee.blogspot.com/2005/06/disjointed.html

Work your way through the archives until the present entries.

I also have posted more personal thoughts and feelings on my other journal at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/felicialee1/

Charlie's Mom & Dad have both written to me and Barry, amongst many of the wonderful heroes who made this tribute possible.

Charlie's parents also created a memorial to him, which is exactly what Charlie would have liked.

http://www.2idiots.com/

I have so many people to thank for their kindness and generosity during these trying three weeks. Rather than being all bummed out that I had to have a double mastectomy and take several months off of live poker for chemo, I am unbelievably thankful that I am going to

make it through this trying time. I am thrilled that I was able to

get some of Charlie's heroes to call him during his darkest hours.

Right now I'm starting to suffer some of the side effects of the first

round of chemo. I have a pounding headache, a metallic taste in my

throat, a mild feeling of nausea and I'm moving much slower than

normal. I can only type maybe 50 wpm, not 90 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Luckily the

medication I'm taking is keeping me very comfortable and happy.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a shot to further boost my immune system, as

well as some IV fluids and am iron transfusion.

I know I'm going to be fine, whereas no amount of chemo in the world

could have saved Charlie and he was only 26.

Knowing that so many kind people took time away from the series to

make his final days joyful meant the world to me. I hope I can

adequately sum up those accounts in the following weeks.

Thanks everyone, for reading, and for thinking of me.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 AM

did you even read Afterhour's post?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 AM

Of course. Having researched for months, and decided what course was best for me, I wasn't going to suddenly have an 11th hour change of heart.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:17 AM

I really don't know how to make it any clearer for you. With chemotherapy, you are destroying about 95% percent of your cancer cells. Ask your doctor what is going to stop that other 5% from reproducing and bringing you back to the same situation you are in now.

Chemotherapy is not the answer. Unfortunately it took the loss of both my grandparents for me to realize that. But the fact is, I did realize that, and because of the Budwig Protocol, my uncle was able to go from having advanced lung cancer to being cancerfree in 6 weeks.

Thousands of others have done the same. The testimonials aren't hidden.

If you're so set in your ways that you insist to go on with the chemo, at least supplement it by taking flax oil with cottage cheese as promoted in the Budwig Protocol. It can't hurt you at all and maybe after trying it, you will become convinced of the miraculous healing powers I know it has.

The Omega 3 fats found in the flax seed oil, when combined with the protein sulfides in the cottage cheese, bring oxygen directly to your cells. Cancer can not live in an oxygen rich environment, hence, cure.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...stimonies.html

Just read the stories. And use the protocol, regardless of whether or not you stay on the chemo. I promise you won't be sorry.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 AM

What does this have to do with Barry's book. I have Barry's book and was going to review it from a non professional point of view but instead I came upon this bit of quackery.

First, if you google the Dr Johanna Budwig protocol all you get are testimonial stories (which are not accurate), and trying to make money off of it.

Second, I am a bit paranoid sometimes but if this really worked it would be widely known and commented on due to the large number of people worldwide that get cancer.

Third, this is a poker forum not a natualhealingalternativemedicineisbad.com spam board.

Fourth, there is NO scientific data to back up your claim that this works. This is the funny part. If your so called cottage cheese/flax seed diet worked, then there are lots of cancer patients in the US. Heck you could throw a rock randomly in any direction and probably hit someone with cancer. Therefore, doing a clinical study on this would take very little money. Obtain 10 patients, modify their diets and simply wait. Not hard to do. The fact that no university has studied this in the US makes me very skeptical due to the fact that more research dollars are spent on alternative treatments now then traditional treatments.

You have to love the testimonials though..touching but such BS.

These boards are going down hill quickly.

cheers
Boon
Old 07-07-2005, 03:57 AM

Dude then review it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:19 AM

Afterh0urs:

I understand that you are trying to be altruistic, but your results are in poor taste. Felicia is going through a rough moment in her life, sharing your education is good, forcing it down her throat is bad. It is her life, only she can chose her path.

Regardless of the path she chooses we all wish her a speedy recovery and continued health.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Afterh0urs:

I understand that you are trying to be altruistic, but your results are in poor taste. Felicia is going through a rough moment in her life, sharing your education is good, forcing it down her throat is bad. It is her life, only she can chose her path.

Regardless of the path she chooses we all wish her a speedy recovery and continued health.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people think being rude is one of the worst sins imaginable? If there is any point in time where being rude is a good idea it would be for something like this. I don't know anything about the subject. I have no idea who is right either. However, If I was wrong I wouldn't mind someone being "rude" by telling me about it.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I'm rooting for you.