Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: maybe a little chip dumping between annie and howard? why not?

since it's a winner take all tournament i don't think phil is going to dork away all of his chips when it's not heads up. he is the ABSOLUTE KING of not taking "sure things". once it gets heads up people, including him should be more apt to move in.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 PM

since it's a winner take all tournament i don't think phil is going to dork away all of his chips when it's not heads up. he is the ABSOLUTE KING of not taking "sure things". once it gets heads up people, including him should be more apt to move in.

Then it seems to me that "dorking away all his chips" is exactly what Phil is gonna do 3-handed. When you are folding ace-queen, you don't have a chance unless you happen to get dealt aces three times in a row.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:51 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

he still plays flops when he sees them
Old 09-29-2004, 03:50 PM

I follow your explanation, but let's change one aspect of the hypothetical: "if all 3 players are of equal skill". This condition is rarely satisfied in the "real world". Suppose that A and B were both less skilled than C. If that condition were satisfied, in a 3 way contest C would have be better than 1:2 to win, correct? So under these circumstances, if A dumps to B, do B's new chances of winning exceed sum(A's chances, B's chances)?

And to bring the hypothetical back to the game, if somebody were expecting a chip dump, wouldn't it be FROM Duke to Lederer? (No offense--she admits her brother is the better player.) The fact that the chips moved in the opposite direction than this would suggest there was no chip dump, as by dumping to Duke, any Lederer/Duke combination should be reducing its expectation.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:07 PM

"Suppose that A and B were both less skilled than C. If that condition were satisfied, in a 3 way contest C would have be better than 1:2 to win, correct?"

No, not if A and B were skilled in playing as a team. A and B would still have a considerable (much more than chip position) advantage over C if they equalized their chips. Team play against one player is extremely powerful. Knowing 4 cards as opposed to two cards and/or the fact that one of your opponents wont play aginst you can provide and insurmountble advantage in a live game and almost an equally great advantage in a tournament.

"And to bring the hypothetical back to the game, if somebody were expecting a chip dump, wouldn't it be FROM Duke to Lederer? "

Now, I am not in any way saying that there was chip dumping going on, in fact, I beleve that the players were playing their best. But the hand in question went something like this: Duke raised with 6,6 and Lederer moved in with 7,7 and Duke called. No way, unless the it was a cold deck, was Lederrer dumping chips to Duke with 7,7 over 6,6.

Vince
Old 09-29-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: !!VINCE!!

Hi buddy! I want to qualify my statement. I believe Fossilman when he told me that he didn't make any deal. I cannot vouch for the others.

Vince
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 PM

Of course your right Ed. You wrote a book, didn't you! Hmph the nerve of some people.

Vince