Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Revenge on neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
If that doesn't work fight fire with fire. Call the cops whenever you know she is home.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't see anything wrong with wasting the cops' time with bogus complaints? Leave the cops out of this and take matters into your own hands.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If that doesn't work fight fire with fire. Call the cops whenever you know she is home.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't see anything wrong with wasting the cops' time with bogus complaints? Leave the cops out of this and take matters into your own hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Machiavelli mode. I don't know how I would handle the situation.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:23 AM

I would have first done what you suggested and if that failed it's open war. I wouldn't be distracting cops with false complaints (which could probably get you in trouble as well).
Old 11-22-2005, 06:38 AM

One that works over here....

Place an advert in the local paper - advertising something like an xbox or similar limited availability product and put her telephone number with it ! Obviously u lower the price to a believable but a cheap level....

Guaranteed action non-stop...she will change her number as a result....

Possibly a PS2 with 8 games.....great condition....$150...

U will know what will be a good offer without being too ridiculous....As its xmas time coming up this should get her inundated with calls...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:06 AM

Have you talked to the landlord about this?

I had a similar situation once. There was an old lady who lived in the next apartment sharing my wall. I would turn on the t.v. when I got home and immediately she would start pounding the walls. Now, this was for the McNeil-Lehrer News Hour on PBS, just talking heads, and it wasn't very loud.

Complaint after complaint, and it intermittently got me feeling really weirded out. Several times the landlord's dad came in and looked around and saw that the t.v. wasn't loud at all. But still more complaints.

Finally I told the landlord look, this isn't a prison and there is no way in heck a tenant can expect not to hear another tenant. There are laws against making too much noise and it's a great thing we have them, but I'm not violating any of them. There's no way that turning on a t.v. at a moderate level at 6 p.m. is unreasonable. The landlord finally agreed with me and spoke to the crazy lady and things were fine.

I think you should really make the case to your landlord in a responsible, clear way, in person if at all possible. BEFORE it becomes a crisis. Way before.

You should also, if you write letters, keep copies and show them to the police if they show up so they can see that there is an ongoing dispute, you have been contacting your landlord about it, and the crazy lady is not on the right side of this thing. Ask the landlord if you can call him if the police show up any more, right when they are there, so the police can verify to their satisfaction that you are in fact being reasonable and have your landlord's support. Show them the landlord's business card or stationery so they can verify you're really speaking to the landlord, if you get to make the call.

Having written and reasonable documentation regarding this kind of thing is always very helpful, and will go a long way toward making your case clear and convincing to others. Don't always be reacting to this and at the mercy of a stranger's craziness; be the initiator in getting it resolved before it really blows up in your face and you or the old lady wind up doing something nus out of anger.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had a similar situation once. There was an old lady who lived in the next apartment sharing my wall. I would turn on the t.v. when I got home and immediately she would start pounding the walls. Now, this was for the McNeil-Lehrer News Hour on PBS, just talking heads, and it wasn't very loud.

Complaint after complaint, and it intermittently got me feeling really weirded out. Several times the landlord's dad came in and looked around and saw that the t.v. wasn't loud at all. But still more complaints.

Finally I told the landlord look, this isn't a prison and there is no way in heck a tenant can expect not to hear another tenant. There are laws against making too much noise and it's a great thing we have them, but I'm not violating any of them. There's no way that turning on a t.v. at a moderate level at 6 p.m. is unreasonable. The landlord finally agreed with me and spoke to the crazy lady and things were fine.

I think you should really make the case to your landlord in a responsible, clear way, in person if at all possible. BEFORE it becomes a crisis. Way before.

You should also, if you write letters, keep copies and show them to the police if they show up so they can see that there is an ongoing dispute, you have been contacting your landlord about it, and the crazy lady is not on the right side of this thing. Ask the landlord if you can call him if the police show up any more, right when they are there, so the police can verify to their satisfaction that you are in fact being reasonable and have your landlord's support. Show them the landlord's business card or stationery so they can verify you're really speaking to the landlord, if you get to make the call.

Having written and reasonable documentation regarding this kind of thing is always very helpful, and will go a long way toward making your case clear and convincing to others. Don't always be reacting to this and at the mercy of a stranger's craziness; be the initiator in getting it resolved before it really blows up in your face and you or the old lady wind up doing something nus out of anger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is intelligent and appropriate, but not fun at all.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is intelligent and appropriate, but not fun at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's what blarg is here for - a little rational thought in the midst of the asylum.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's what blarg is here for - a little rational thought in the midst of the asylum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayyyy, matey, that suggests the rest of us sea-riding scum are not uv sound moynd, ARRRRRRRRRRR! We be resentin this slurrrr, ya lubberrrr, on aaaall the gold of ole Jamaicy we be betting we be sawnd in the head!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 AM

I am very am very disappointed in all of you. I cannot believe you are making these kinds of suggestions for revenge. Flaming bag-o-poop, frozen urine tray under the door, phony phone calls, bogus pizza deliveries. You should all be ashamed...for not realizing that you cannot enact revenge on your home turf. If something happens at the apartment complex it will pretty clear who the perpetrator/plotter is. You need to make suggestions for things that will occur away from home. e.g. flaming bag of poop outside her place of work.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM

put an ad in the paper for a garage sale at her apartment...put lots of things in there like baby clothes, tools, fishing tackle.....stuff everyone wants to go buy at a garage sale...early birds welcome...if you know her phone number that's even better....put her apartment number down...they'll be beating it down at like 7 on a saturday. Classic.