Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2002, 06:57 PM

Default Re: easier said than done.

After reading Poker Nation are you really sure you want a girl who likes poker? I mean, you want the Russian girl? Or the one who scammed with her boyfriend and now is on TV?

Find one that A) will put up with it B) will be corruptible enough to play some without becoming one of the poker junkies. C) Has earning potential in a real job. Recipe for happiness.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:18 PM

sounds like your wife, you lucky duck...gl
Old 03-19-2002, 10:25 PM

HDPM - I didn't read the whole book, just the part about the author playing in the NL game and making the nuts, which *improved* to a mediocre flush on the river...

Ian - i spent the first half of last year in L.A. and played a bit at the Commerce. i only saw 1 attractive female playing there (at least in LL) and i was definitely keeping track. (not that i saw any in the other clubs mind you...) and, don't get me wrong, i miss SoCal like crazy, and think its a wonderful place to be, but the *beautiful* women there are all plastic, and mostly goofy 'aspiring' actresses. give me a good ol' sensible chicago gal any day. (the girl i am after is actually from milwaukee. but she's definitely not your typical zubaz-wearing cheesehead )
Old 03-19-2002, 10:47 PM

I think that there ARE some decent looking girls that play poker, but not many. I also agree that LA is the place to be to find the best ratio(even if it's still very low).

Sometimes, though, I think that the reason that there are even a few girls that I think are attractive is that everything is relative. Next to a hundred smelly, crusty, old men, even a witch can look like good. Like the average looking girls that hang out with all ugly girls to make themselves look better, its all relative.

DN
Old 03-20-2002, 10:05 AM

Default true *NM*

Old 03-20-2002, 05:06 PM

Default I am a girl who plays poker

One of these days you will find a girl who plays poker who is not an 80-year old smoke hag. When you do, here is some advice. First off, don't even CONSIDER telling her that you can help her with her game or make her a great player. We are as competitive as the male players and when someone says that to me, he is just insulting my play. Do not under ANY circumstances ask her out at the table. That is a place of business first and foremost, not a social club. Catch her on the way back from the bathroom and ask for a number or whatever. Plus, if she doesn't want to go out with you and you ask at the table, you're going to get shot down in public and no one wants to see that happen.

From my point of view, although there are a LOT of male players, it's not like you are all the pick of the litter either. But, if I could find an attractive, non-addicted, otherwise reasonable poker player, I would rather date him than a non-player. Just look at how often you have to call off plans with your friends/dates because the game is just too good to leave. Non-players don't get it and probably can never learn to. Non-players can't withstand the crabbiness that comes along with a huge losing session. Hell, they don't even speak the same language as players.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:10 PM

Default Re: I am a girl who plays poker

where do you play?

brad
Old 03-20-2002, 08:27 PM

Default Easy there, Tiger....*NM* *NM*

Old 03-21-2002, 06:24 PM

You might be better off if she didn't play poker at all. She might start asking you for money when she loses. It would be nice though if there was a girl like this that wouldn't ask for money if she lost. I wouldn't mind teaching the girl how to play either, but that is unlikely as they will be stubborn and not listen.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:54 PM

Default Re: I am a girl who plays poker

You can no more speak for all female poker players than I could for all male poker players.