Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Running It Multiple Times

lol - J8 rules! (not suited)
Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Yo Barry

Thanks. You coming down?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When we play, we vary it, usually after the cards are turned face up. However, the board is not run complete, just the turn and the river. It really is up to the two guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you agree that running it more than once when you're a 4-1 favorite is completely dumb? I mean if you want to reduce variance totally, run it 5 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would not reduce the variance totally. The only way you could reduce the variance totally would be if there was only one card (the river) to run. Then you could shuffle the muck back into the deck and run it 44 times without burning cards. But you could do the same thing by just giving both players their EV to begin with.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:56 PM

jaz already used up all his tells before he moved in
Old 12-01-2005, 10:57 PM

Holy [censored]...just tuned in...did George just get stacked with QQ by overplaying the overpair ???

What up Barry ?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 PM

Odds-wise, probably. But as you can see, George would have lost it on the flop. The worst that George could do, is get 2/3, so from that standpoint, it hedges the suckout with sort of a guarantee taht you will either get it all or at least 2/3. Depending on the players, I might consider it, too.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 PM

Need a avatar?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you agree that running it more than once when you're a 4-1 favorite is completely dumb? I mean if you want to reduce variance totally, run it 5 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, let me preface this by stating my personal position on running it more than once: I will run it however many times my opponent wants to run it. I don't care. If he says once, twice, ... or five times, whatever he says is fine. I don't care.

Second, let's take an example where you win 80% of the time... The pot is $1,000. You run it once. Well, 80% of the time you're going to win that grand. Now, let's say you run it five times. Now, you should get $800. Do you see why for some people that would be important?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM

yo, surf, how's it hangin'?

I still think my 3 pair were good!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Odds-wise, probably. But as you can see, George would have lost it on the flop. The worst that George could do, is get 2/3...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so. He could lose all three. He could lose twice to the case queens. He could lose the third to a straight. Unlikely but possible.