Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: before everyone realizes that 2+2 is your only friend?
>10,000 29 42.65%
>5000 20 29.41%
>2000 8 11.76%
>1000 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Largest amount of cash you\'ve ever had on your person?

I was a nervous wreck walking around NYC with 1K in cash. My image of the town was reinforced by years of stereotypes and seeing 5-6 dead bodies a night on Law and Order reruns...

So the 2nd night I just took 500, and won 500, and STILL had to walk back to my hotel with 1K -

no biggie though - I look like one of those people who would rob you, not the other way around.

In retrospect, I was way too nervous about Manhattan. I don't know if I was too nervous walking three blocks from Journal Square Station to my hotel. That was Soprano country, from what TT told me.

RB
Old 11-22-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a nervous wreck walking around NYC with 1K in cash. My image of the town was reinforced by years of stereotypes and seeing 5-6 dead bodies a night on Law and Order reruns...

So the 2nd night I just took 500, and won 500, and STILL had to walk back to my hotel with 1K -

no biggie though - I look like one of those people who would rob you, not the other way around.

In retrospect, I was way too nervous about Manhattan. I don't know if I was too paranoid walking three blocks from Journal Square Station to my hotel

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, listen, I appreciate this post, because I read it, and it imediately flashed the show My Name is Earl in my head, of which I completely forgot was on tonight. So now Im not missing it. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:12 PM

um, you're welcome? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10K+ Blackjack baby!

Edit: I should say, that I spent like 2 weeks, taking cash out of my atm(s) so I could go down to AC with 3k in cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, why not, like, go to a bank teller?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really lazy, there's an ATM down the hall from my office but I skeeve the thought of waiting on line at a bank. Plus a lot of this was neteller atm loot.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever been in a bank? The tellers are usually effing hot. Plus its gotta look good to withdraw a large sum of cash, maybe she'll write her number on the back of ure baller withdrawl receipt.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM

I've picked up a lot of hitch-hikers during my life. I once picked up this Iowa farmer who was hitching into town to buy a brand new truck. For some reason, he told me that he was paying cash. He explained why (I think it was somehow tax-related, but I don't remember). He was carrying it in a freaking paper grocery bag. He told me to stop at a truck stop next store to the dealership, and he bought me a cup a coffee. He paid the bill with money from the paper bag. Surreal.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i honestly can't believe that the highest poll option is $10K+.. but at least it makes me feel like a baller

[/ QUOTE ]

same. I think the most I've had is 40k after a poker tourney.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In retrospect, I was way too nervous about Manhattan. I don't know if I was too nervous walking three blocks from Journal Square Station to my hotel. That was Soprano country, from what TT told me.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Contrary to popular opinion, NY is actually one of the safest cities in the country when compared to other cities of around the same size (Population greater than 500k). I felt much safer when I used to work in NYC at night, then I do where I live now, in Richmond, Virginia.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:03 AM

$630
Old 11-23-2005, 12:13 AM

I once had 4600 on me but thats the most I have had on me except when I am at work and carry about 40K to the vault.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Contrary to popular opinion, NY is actually one of the safest cities in the country when compared to other cities of around the same size (Population greater than 500k). I felt much safer when I used to work in NYC at night, then I do where I live now, in Richmond, Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

That study just came out right? NYC was 4th safest city over 500k, while Richmond, VA is supposedly on the most dangerous list.