Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Wisdom teeth trip report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
getting just retarded high on the nitrous before I asked him to turn it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in god's name did you ask him to turn it down?

This stuff is gold. I've started getting it for teeth cleanings now (yes, they will do it). Whenever, they ask how the nitrous is, the correct answer is always, "Eh, I can kind of feel it... would you mind turning it up?".

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything in this post is true, at least at the dental places I've been to. You may just need a reason (excuse) for things like teeth cleanings. Just say you have anxiety disorder.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:50 PM

I got lucky. I had all four pulled in high school. The only bad part I remember was the sound of the teeth coming out. I remember thinking that the dentist was going to prop his foot on my cheek for better leverage when he was pulling.

No real bad pain or swelling afterwards either. Hell, I was playing basketball in the driveway that same day.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember thinking that the dentist was going to prop his foot on my cheek for better leverage when he was pulling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had two teeth yanked under novacaine only. The dentist would grip the tooth with his special pliers, and wriggle it in a circular motion while pulling very hard. It took a minute or two of pulling for each tooth. Pretty nasty.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had all four pulled in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I've read says that us old folk usually have a lot worse recovery.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:45 PM

thanks....now u definately made me NOT want to go get this done...mine have been impacted for ooooo around 7 years and they keep telling me to get them out and i keep putting it off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] blah
Old 10-22-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks....now u definately made me NOT want to go get this done...mine have been impacted for ooooo around 7 years and they keep telling me to get them out and i keep putting it off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] blah

[/ QUOTE ]

I was lucky, 2 of mine were not impacted at all, and 2 were just slightly impacted. If yours are impacted, get them out ASAP. Apparently, the longer you go, the worse they get impacted and the worse the surgery is. So, get them taken care of!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was lucky, 2 of mine were not impacted at all, and 2 were just slightly impacted. If yours are impacted, get them out ASAP. Apparently, the longer you go, the worse they get impacted and the worse the surgery is. So, get them taken care of!

[/ QUOTE ]

they have been in the same place for years and the dentist says they didnt effect my other teeth that they r all still "perfect"...i dunno if its just that i have been through too many surgeries for my own liking and the fact i just cant find the time for it and the after care i dont wanna deal with

(after my surgeries i get pretty addicted to the pain meds b/c i just knock myself out for days and days - while in the hospital every time i wake up i hit the call but...they come in...whats ur pain??! me - a 10! i get a shot in the hip and im knocked out until i wake up again. I get home and pop the pills so i sleep straight through - and then a few weeks later i cant sleep without them....ggrrrr)
Old 10-22-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mine have been impacted for ooooo around 7 years and they keep telling me to get them out and i keep putting it off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] blah

[/ QUOTE ]

PEACHY DONT! I am in the same boat as you and here is what my full facial xray told me...If i waited another year to 2 years its possible my wisdom teeth will move into the facial nerve line on the bottom right and left part of your jaw. If they have to extract wisdom teeth when they are on this "fault" line you are in for some serious issues...such as, paralysis temp or perm (i dont remember the rest bc i signed up right after that)

PS..i am in search of a new oral surgeon as the one i had isnt covered by my insurance. Anyone have a recommendation for a NYC dr? PM ME ASAP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mine have been impacted for ooooo around 7 years and they keep telling me to get them out and i keep putting it off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] blah

[/ QUOTE ]

PEACHY DONT! I am in the same boat as you and here is what my full facial xray told me...If i waited another year to 2 years its possible my wisdom teeth will move into the facial nerve line on the bottom right and left part of your jaw. If they have to extract wisdom teeth when they are on this "fault" line you are in for some serious issues...such as, paralysis temp or perm (i dont remember the rest bc i signed up right after that)

PS..i am in search of a new oral surgeon as the one i had isnt covered by my insurance. Anyone have a recommendation for a NYC dr? PM ME ASAP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i know ive been told all this stuff....but i still dont wanna [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everything I've read says that us old folk usually have a lot worse recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had mine pulled in high school as well. The general anesthesia about killed me. My dad drove me home and I passed out for the rest of the day. Next morning I had no pain, and was on solid food the day after. Didn't need a single pain pill. (I enjoyed them later)