Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 50/100 Boat??

[ QUOTE ]

River: ($3150) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12656.5 (All-In)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to point out one thing that some people might not have noticed. Hero only had $6000 or so at this point.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:04 AM

ok. i do not know if i know you. however, if you travel to tournaments and play the side games, we know each other. i still run my business, so my time is split. i will answer once and only once. the few who know me, please respect my desire to be antonymous at 2+2.

i live in the los angeles area. i have had a tremendously successful career in the entertainment business (not an actor). i have played seriously for years. i have a very close relative who plays the circuit, he is a relatively well known professional.

on tuesday nights in beverly hills there is a big game at a private club. the minimum buy in is $20k, often people loose many times that amount. the blinds are often higher then in the post.

on friday nights in the los angeles area there is a game at a private house. the host is an entertainment mogul (not larry flint). the buy in is much higher then the above mention game. among the regulars is a former wsop main even winner (not a great cash game player), and another well known semi-pro/personality. both have backers to play in the game. the regulars are many well known "hollywood" execs, actors, directors, and others.

you may know of both games.

the last game is a game at a country club in a wealthy suburb of san diego. this game begins either sun or mon night, and while it is supposed to end at 2 am it often goes 24 hours plus. several of the wealthiest men in califorina play, including a member of the forbes list. this game is wild. it is always exclusively no limit, and it is often played for more money then can be imagined. it is invite only, and the players are not good.

lastly, because of my relative (paragraph 2), i often travel to very big games (usually not nl but sometimes).

separate from him, i was recently in a european on business, and invited to the biggest game (pot limit) i have ever seen. i am told this game occurs often, i do not know if i will return.

i will not address this again, and i will most likely regret this post.

have a good night.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:16 AM

you already mentioned in the past that your older brother is a tourney pro and higher limit player who taught you how to play and that you play in the big sidegames...
also tell sponger to go eff himself... he has 9047812938e4139e418923741 posts and still cant beat internet microlimit games... he is also really annoying.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:19 AM

Dr. Buss?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was recently in a european on business

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she Hungarian?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has 9047812938e4139e418923741 posts and still cant beat internet microlimit games... he is also really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post count = skill?

I find you incredibly annoying, and also a macho dick. Still planning on punching me in the face? hahaha you're so cool.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:59 AM

amulet,

Thank you for the detailed response. I am sure we know each other. Please PM me and we can figure out who we each are. I regularly play in the first two games and have twice played in the country club game. I think I won too much in that SD game, because I have not been invited back for quite some time. I am sure we know each other. I am the guy some of these guys like to call Dave the Knife, perhaps that rings a bell?

Anyway, I'm curious. Having played for these stakes, how hard do you find it to maintain your focus and concentration when multi-tabling 16 low limit tables? Do you often find yourself just screwing around a lot because the money is meaningless to you at those stakes?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Question

[ QUOTE ]
if i check the flop, he is coming at me on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

So would it be a safe assumption to say that the only way you can play a big pot here with the best hand is by checking the flop?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave the Knife

[/ QUOTE ]

If that nickname is a reference to "Mack the Knife" you might be cool in real life AND on the internet.

YAHTZEE! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
expired all my time thinking and then i folded.

these games are hyper aggressive, and this hand is very hard to read unless you were in the game, so why did i post it? well i was really stumped on this river and thought it was a great bet. they play is so mixed up in this game, that he could easily have had 66, tt, or a crappy flush draw.

i know how i usually play, but i was playing with a handle that is new on ub. so the villian should not have too much of a read on me. i am surprised so many are saying the flop bet is not needed. i play agressively especially this short. if i check the flop, he is coming at me on the turn, then i have no idea where i stand. if the turn werent a 6 or a club, i was firing again, this may be an overaggressive leak of mine? and i appreciate the input i have received thus far, RBK thanks for the insight :0

[/ QUOTE ]

can't really fault the fold in this spot.
in regards to betting vs. checking the flop i think that either play is fine...you should just make sure you vary between the two for meta-game reasons.