Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Stuff that makes you pause and reflect on everything

IMO, the way some eastern cultures strive to accept death as a natural part of life is admirable. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, bump, this thread should get more attention.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the way some eastern cultures strive to accept death as a natural part of life is admirable. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, bump, this thread should get more attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I aspire to that. I have been thinking tons about life and death lately, and I bounce back and forth from being completly cool with the whole cycle and feeling like I will not not have enough time/energy/focus to accomplish all the things I want to accomplish in life. Also, having a family that I am supporting entirely puts a lot of pressure on me to stick around and be productive for the next few decades at least. All pretty scary when it only takes one idiot chaning lanes when you are in their blind spot or some other random crap to end it all.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When these things do happen to someone I know, it makes me realize that I often take too much for granted and often don't appreciate what I have as much as I should. As you say, the shock does wear off, and I usually fall back into the same old attitudes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't had someone very close to you die yet? Family member or bud? Just wondering...

When that starts happening, and it tends to come in waves it seems, it will really rock your world. Especially the 'unexpected' deaths.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's strange how it can come in waves, just really taking more and more balance out from under you each time.

When five friends of mine were diagnosed with cancer within about five weeks, the shock really accumulated and echoed. It can really drill into you when it's not just one terrible thing, but they just keep on coming before you've had a chance to get your mind around any of it.