Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: clip of a guy getting knocked out

just gettin high, we all have our own kicks...

raisins

p.s. no, I have no idea how they did that.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:02 PM

The first one was kinda funny because the guy deserved it but those last five just pissed me off.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NSFW? Lot's of profanity.
http://www.muchosucko.com/video-pizzabeating.html

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/ghettofight.html

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/ptcruiser.html

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/204/

Some suckerpunch goodness for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not a rasist but doesnt it seem F"ED up that all of these people r black. And also i remember this being a regular kind of think in HS with black people doing this Sh IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

in miami the spanish kids probally fight more then black kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS here... I grew up in Miami.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the controversy over attributing African American success in athletics has to do with the possibility that slaves were bred for size and muscle mass. Since Americans valorize sports to the degree that we do any community looks at its sports heros as role models and proud representatives of their ethnicity. Giving part of the credit for those accomplishments to the legacy of slavery is not going to be a real popular notion with the black community. That being said, there is probably something to the argument. I don't think that Africans in general have shown all that great of athletic superiority. East(?) Africans have had tremendous success in long distance running due to a genetic predisposition to a certain type of muscle fiber but that is a limited case. My point is that Africans, as far as I know, do not show athletic superiority across a wide range of sports.

As to whether Africans or African Americans have a genetic predisposition to aggressive violent behavior that's a question that is probably impossible to answer at this point. Since links to traits like alcoholism have been shown to have a genetic predisposition it's clear that we can't rule it out. However, there's a ton of variables that are tough to account for. Most ethnicities have a period in their history where under similar environmental conditions they showed similar tendencies towards violence. jakethebake gave the example of the Irish, Italian and Jewish slums at the turn of the century. Go back 150 years and there was tremendous violence in the back country among Protestant anglo and aryan whites with "rough and tumble" fights that frequently allowed for eye gouging. Until the geneticists isolate a gene I'm going to think root causes rest with the environment.

This is a different issue but I also think there are elements of African American culture that make violence more acceptable and in some ways encourage people to act out violently. I'm thinking here of stuff like emphasizing "getting over" on people, scorning acadmenic success as being fake, respect for power independent of responsibility, a focus on short term satisfaction, etc. Most of these are likely common amongst any group in poverty again pointing to the importance of environment.

regards,

raisins

[/ QUOTE ]

It is funny how much sense this statement makes, yet how politically incorrect it is to say in public. Obviously, many of the U.S.'s African Americans are built differently Africans. Like raisin said, they have a MUCH higher natural muscle mass and are simply better atheletes than other races ON AVERAGE. Sure there are many exceptions, but it would be refreshing if people could look at the facts and admit that there ARE differences in races.

p.s. In my High School of about 1000 kids, by far the buffest kid was a black friend of mine. He NEVER worked out. (doesn't prove my point, just interesting)
Old 09-20-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It is funny how much sense this statement makes, yet how politically incorrect it is to say in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

“You take Los Angeles okay? If I say Los Angeles has become, over the years, a mecca for homosexual migration. I am in the right. But look at what I am saying. I am making it sound like faggots are nomadic if not predatory miscreants who have some implied need to move around. I am also likening them to Muslims, or Muslims to them. Whereas saying LA is filled with faggots is just being honest. It’s not what you say anymore, it’s how you say it.”
Old 09-20-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah they should have jumped in there. No way he could take them all on if they had any balls. Kicks, to the side of the knee, groin and punches to the chin would lay him out.

At least try to get between them while he's stomping the guy on the ground. "Alright enough man, you beat the guy down. Look at him. Have mercy man."

But I'm a former correctional officer so I'm probably a little less averse to catching an ass beating than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're forgetting that the gorilla had a mate.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 PM

So the guy videotaping is with the dude that got knocked out right?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of these are likely common amongst any group in poverty again pointing to the importance of environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Violence is more an indicator of social class rather than race. Do blacks get in more fights? It could seem so since a higher proportion of blacks are impoverished compared to whites.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most of these are likely common amongst any group in poverty again pointing to the importance of environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Violence is more an indicator of social class rather than race. Do blacks get in more fights? It could seem so since a higher proportion of blacks are impoverished compared to whites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, so post some videoclips of poor whites suckerpunching noncombative people.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:29 PM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html

this makes me sad to be a human being.