Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Guys tanning

I'm not flaming, just joking. Don't be so sensitive. I know you fruity types can be like that.

JUST KIDDING!!!

Actually, being pale doesn't have the negative impact it used to, I find, though people usually like a tan a lot. It's just a choice, but screwing up your health doesn't seem like a great idea to me; you get very, very little in return.

My dad had skin cancer, by the way. Never got to be TOO bad or dangerous -- but that's just a matter of luck, isn't it? Flipping a coin. Sometimes, the coin lands the other way and you get very sick, super scarred up, maybe die. For real; it happens. I've known a few people with skin cancer.

I'm more into a girl that would like me than would like my tan anyway. If that's all I've got to pull out of my bag of tricks for a girl, it's just better to find a different girl.

To each their own. But I really feel one way is a lot smarter than the other.

P.S.: Anyone who might be wanting to get more into their looks who goes to a tanning salon instead of a gym to do a hard work-out is making a mistake on a lot of levels.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 PM

Congratulations on your decision to start going to a tanning salon. After only a few sessions you will discover that tanning is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling pursuits.

Once you attain a George Hamilton-like tan your life will change for the better in ways that you can not yet imagine.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:50 PM

My "flame" comment wasn't directed at you personally, more at the general attitude by many in this thread, sorry if it came off that way.

People do lots of things that are -EV health-wise, I dunno why this one particular habit elicits such horrified responses. This isn't something I plan to do long term, it's just nice not to look horribly pale once in awhile.

Of course we all prefer women who "like us for ourselves", but now we're opening up a can that's probably best left for its own thread.

BTW, I do go to the gym and lift. Have for 5 years.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:28 PM

I guess for the ultrapasties, going tanning is better than going goth/emo, where pasty is welcomed with open arms.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking about this today. My buddy was telling me about some high pressure tanning bed that you only need to use once a week...

He said something about it filtering out the bad rays so you could get tan quickly. I guess its crazy expensive, but if I could stay tan going in three or four times a month I'd be all over it.

Anyways, anyone know anything about these?

[/ QUOTE ] I've used one...It was pretty awesome....but while you're in it, it gets REALLY hot. PLus it was really expensive...but I did get good color in only 8 minutes, and it lasted a pretty long time. so i say go for it
Old 09-16-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What's wrong with a guy tanning?

I don't understand why it's so looked down on for guys to look like chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go once a week, twice occasionally. Gay or not gay, metro or not metro, all I know is the obvious increase in female attention since I've started going is well worth the insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attention is easy. It's only productive attention that matters.

Women love gay dudes. Maybe they figure you're gay and want to be girlfriends?

[/ QUOTE ]

...spoken from a true ugly dude. You guys need to realize, that only one thing makes you gay, and that is sticking your penis into the butthole of another man. If you are too caught up in your homophobia to realize that, you are only doing yourself a disservice (and not getting laid because of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced.

I'm going to wax off all my body hair right now and then use 100w light bulbs and tin foil to tan every inch.

Back in 12 minutes.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...spoken from a true ugly dude. You guys need to realize, that only one thing makes you gay, and that is sticking your penis into the butthole of another man. If you are too caught up in your homophobia to realize that, you are only doing yourself a disservice (and not getting laid because of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Real women only like men that are orange and hairless. I really, really want to be with a woman whose tatse runs to Stretch Armstrong lookalikes.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 PM

There is nothing gay about a guy going to a tanning salon. I think most people look better with a little color.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing gay about a guy going to a tanning salon. I think most people look better with a little color.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is something gay about putting an inordinate amount of effort into your appearance. im not saying whether going to the tanning salon automatically qualifies as inordinate.