Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: New Israeli/Palestinian peace plan

Jimbo is right for once - you can be a funny little man. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Re: chickychickychickychicky

North Korea has no territorial issue to contest with the South

I assume you mean other than wanting to absorb it and restore Korea to its proper, unified state - under the benevolvent leadership of the region currently known as "North Korea".
Old 05-07-2003, 11:45 PM

Default Caveat

"I assume you mean [North Korea has no territorial issue to contest with the South] other than wanting to absorb it and restore Korea to its proper, unified state - under the benevolvent leadership of the region currently known as "North Korea"."

I thought I clearly meant that North Korea has no territorial issue to contest with the South now. Sure there was an attempt by the Communist north to "unify" the country in the 50s and the U.N. rightly intervened. Militarily too.

But, right now, and for the last decade or so, if I'm not mistaken, there are serious talks between the North and the South about peacefully unifying the two areas/countries. I admit I'm puzzled as to how this is gonna be achieved, since neither regime can be expected to give up its political philosophy of governing, nor to give up its rule over the respective Korean portion. But talk they do.

A little background perspective: The Korean situation, like similar others, could have been straightened out, even way back then, to its true nature, i.e. that of a national liberation struggle. In a significant number of occasions, the anti-Communist obsessions of the British and the Americans cost the West the alienation (and eventual hostility) of local liberation movements and their subsequent full capitulation to communist ideology.

Cases in point, Greece post-WWII, Vietnam after the French were ready to leave, Cuba when Batista fell, Korea when it was liberated from the brutal Japanese, etc. National aspirations unify people more than political philosophies : When the Nazis invaded the Ukraine, its people, having suffered the tremendous oppression of their national character under Stalin, not to mention a succession of famines, were ready to welcome (even) the Nazis as liberators! (The first "routine" mass executions by the Nazis soon put an end to all such notions and turned the whole Ukraine into a bitter ally of Russia in its struggle against the invader...)
Old 05-07-2003, 11:49 PM

Default Unintentionally revealing

"Amazing that you can write this crap. Have you actually brainwashed yourself into believing the anti-Israel lies you and Alger constantly spew?"

I wouldn't give Alger that much of a compliment but it's your privilege to do so.

As to what you allege are "lies", your posts have shown a gigantic blind spot when it comes down to anything that is disparaging in the slightest towards Israel. Yet here you are, using words like "brainwashed" so often and so casually...
Old 05-07-2003, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Caveat

Sure - North Korea would prefer that their assimilation of South Korea be peaceful - but they wouldn't be too concerned about alternative solutions to what their government certainly does see as a present problem. I have a lot of friends stationed in and around South Korea, and from what I've gathered both from my readings and my conversations with them, North Korea has every intention of creating a unified Korea one way or another.

If nothing else, they should have learned recently that they'd better get their nukes in order asap unless they want to get invaded sooner or later by a rogue state. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 12:38 AM

"I have a lot of friends stationed in and around South Korea, and from what I've gathered both from my readings and my conversations with them, North Korea has every intention of creating a unified Korea one way or another."

Possibly, although I'd trust that insight more if your friends were serving in the North Korean sector. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

But, seriously, what are your friends telling you about how the South Koreans feel about a possible unification? This should be very interesting. Personally, I can't see how unification is possible, yet the South is having formal talks about it.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:48 AM

Default A natural

When I play blackjack and they have shorted a couple of cards off, it usually takes me some time before I realize I'm not playing against a full deck.

It takes me only a minute in this website.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:33 AM

Default Intentionally revealing

I wouldn't give Alger that much of a compliment but it's your privilege to do so.

It wasn't a compliment.

As to what you allege are "lies", your posts have shown a gigantic blind spot when it comes down to anything that is disparaging in the slightest towards Israel. Yet here you are, using words like "brainwashed" so often and so casually...

And your posts have shown a consistent bias against Israel (and the U.S., but thats a subject for another day). Thats what I have a problem with, your bias against Israel. For you to scold others for having a "blind spot" is laughable. Look in the mirror.

I also note you failed to respond to my rebuttal to your allegations that the Arabs wanted peace (despite their actions which show just the opposite).
Old 05-08-2003, 09:36 AM

It's my understanding that most South Koreans would like to see a unified Korea as well. Of course, they're not all that excited about living under the North Korean regime and thus the negotiations.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:49 AM

Default Hanging by a thread

"It wasn't a compliment."

I didn't take it as one. (You are in too much of a rush.)

"I also note you failed to respond to my rebuttal to your allegations that the Arabs wanted peace, despite their actions which show just the opposite."

I have "rebutted" that argument until it was butt-painful to watch! You only have to follow my posts, or, at least, pretend not to ignore them. (Would it be too much to ask you to peruse some books I recommended in the course of one such 'rebuttal"? They ain't written by no goyim, either. It would be, huh?)

"Your posts have shown a consistent bias"

Thanks, kettle. More projecting. More unintentionally revealing posts.

...This must be the millionth time I have had that kind of non-argument with a fanatical Zionist on the web! You might be in line for a bonus.