Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

Well I can protest a little by moving some money around and have Party cover the Neteller fees. They already have my info on file so F them. Why yes I felt like cashing in 10k and now I want to put back 5k.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They forget to announce when they raise the rake and screw us over.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is party "screwing you over?" No one is forcing you to play at party.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just...stop. Seriously.

Like everyone else has said, Party is a corporation. They owe nothing to you as a consumer--you decide to do business with them, and as a result must deal with rules.

The best thing to do would be to leave to Stars or some other site. Then Party loses about 50-100 5/10 or 10/20 players (who are GOOD), which means pots will be stuffed more by LAGgers, which means...more rake for Party.

This does suck. Its like a pay cut. But there's nothing we can do about it as players. No amount of protesting will get a free market corporation to lower their profits, especially in the gambling industry.

-AC

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This does suck. Its like a pay cut. But there's nothing we can do about it as players. No amount of protesting will get a free market corporation to lower their profits, especially in the gambling industry.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you hurt their bottomline, they will listen.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:21 AM

If I had not read 2+2 I would not have known that I pay more rake now than before September 1st.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:41 AM

I'm in!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take as much time as possible over every decision. 72o UTG? Run the clock down to 3 seconds before folding! Similarly for AA on the button and every other decision. This WILL aggravate the other players at the table. Explain to them in the chat why you are doing it. Encourage them to email party, or to play at another site. When you finish a session don't leave the table. That way the table will be 5 handed at most for 15 minutes (the rake increase only applies to specifically 6 handed).

There are enough twoplustwo readers at the tables for this to make a difference if you all do it. Someone should mention this on other poker boards too. Don't start this immediately, lets give ourself time to furnish the plan and set a start date for this mass disobedience. Party takes so much money and offers such poor service - take a stand!

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE the fact that you are thinking. While this might not be the best course of action, you are trying to take some type of action and that is huge.

Many players seem to feel powerless, and people who think they are powerless, will be powerless.

People who try to force change, will eventually succeed.

truth
Old 09-05-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that a bunch of us doing this at random intervals will make no difference at all, except wasting our own time.

However, I think if enough of us chose to make a co-ordinated effort to 4-table (at least) 6-max at every limit and run the clock down on every decision, for 30 minutes or an hour perhaps all at the same time, this would demonstrate to Party just how much we can actually affect their rake. I'm not going to work out the math, but if there are 50 or so of us doing this all at the same time, the effect on the rake for party during this period of time will be absolutely devastating.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think that a bunch of us doing this at random intervals will make no difference at all, except wasting our own time.

However, I think if enough of us chose to make a co-ordinated effort to 4-table (at least) 6-max at every limit and run the clock down on every decision, for 30 minutes or an hour perhaps all at the same time, this would demonstrate to Party just how much we can actually affect their rake. I'm not going to work out the math, but if there are 50 or so of us doing this all at the same time, the effect on the rake for party during this period of time will be absolutely devastating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you coordinate it, you will actually allow party to open more tables than normal. 1 person 8 tabling 6 max = 1.33 tables open for party. In a sense, you may help them to make more money. In any event, coordinating it would actually hurt the endeavor.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that 2 goslowers at 1 table has less effect on party's bottom line that 1 goslower a 2 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true. It may actually be more effective to simply try to shut down 5-10 6max on party for a day.

To do this, it would require multiple people at each table, all taking as much time on every decision. This would frustrate the people not invloved in the revolution enough, that they would just quit for the day.

This would would have a greater effect on party's bottom line.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this will be seriously detrimental to our bottom line? You are going to tell all the fish at once that we are here to make money and Party is giving us a little less than they used to.

Most of the fish, maybe all of the fish, are unaware of the rake increase. Pointing them to a website explaining these facts to them will be the beginning of thier education. They are going to realize how serious we are about making money.

They may be frightened away when they find out how many "pros" there are at their tables.

Am I overthinking/overreacting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish are stupid, many of the "fish" feel that they are winning players making money off the game, or at least breaking even.

INCLUDE THE FISH. Pretend they are WINNERS, tell them that party is screwing them. After all, you are probly a fish for me in the 30 game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (not you, but you get the idea), doesn't mean you wont take shots.

If fish understood they rake, they would hate it.

I diddn't care about the rake. Then I realied I was paying party 150,000 dollars a year to let me play there. I AM PAYING PARTY MORE THAN MANY PHD'S MAKE IN A YEAR TO LET ME PLAY. (I guess they are lucky im rich.)

LOL

truth