Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Set of J\'s

obviously not.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. he has the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't want to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you do, to find out where you are and get off cheap rather than paying off progressively bigger bets.

[ QUOTE ]

4. he has KK and suspects that you will raise on this scary flop with a wide range of holdings if he shows "weakness"

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't want to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you do. 130 is the cheapest you'll ever get off set over set.

folks, you are allowed to raise for information, especially when it might save you money over the course of the hand. this is one of those times.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:33 PM

why not, he made an extra hundo when you re-raised?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all agree that the $30 bet was bad with KK. This guy is a pretty good player so I didnt think there was a chance in hell he had KK.

If you thought there was very little chance he had KK, wouldnt you push? I mean if you had a read on him that told you KK was maybe a 10% likelyhood, even after he reraised, wouldnt you push all in then?

I dont think my play was bad, I think my read was bad, but Ive played with this guy at lower levels ALOT and really didnt think he would do that.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all agree that the $30 bet was bad with KK. This guy is a pretty good player so I didnt think there was a chance in hell he had KK.

If you thought there was very little chance he had KK, wouldnt you push? I mean if you had a read on him that told you KK was maybe a 10% likelyhood, even after he reraised, wouldnt you push all in then?

I dont think my play was bad, I think my read was bad, but Ive played with this guy at lower levels ALOT and really didnt think he would do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i thought he didn't have KK then it's a flush and i'm still not getting odds, so hell no i wouldn't push. kind of sucks to push in with the worst and scream "pair the board!" at your computer.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not, he made an extra hundo when you re-raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a joke, right?

you're saying he made 100 bucks on set over set (if hero folds) so it is a good bet on the flop?

let me rephrase what i said at first. this is a joke, right?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:05 PM

let's see, a good, tight, solid player raised under the gun, gets called, flops a set of Kings on a monotone board, bets 30 into a 90 dollar pot, you say this bet confuses you into thinking that he probably doesn't have what he really has...and you still think it was a bad bet?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:18 AM

at which point did i say i was confused about what he had? try reading what i wrote before sounding so high and mighty. my read was actually spot on and if he had made a real bet on the flop, he probably would have gotten my stack had i been in the hand. as he played it, he would have gotten 130. so do i think it was a bad bet? yeah i'd say about $870 bad.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:54 PM

KK will rarely underbet this flop IMO. I think a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K looks like the nuts on this flop to most people. Flopped flush is possible, but he is making too big of a 3-bet which is saying plz fold but I have many outs, also note:I will not fold.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your advice here, while insightful, is clearly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is high and mighty?