Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Summary

[ QUOTE ]

As for weed being gatewaydrug, I do get urges to do other drugs, my favourite ones. But if you haven't done any other drugs I don't really see why you would crave something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

weed being a gateway drug is absolute BS. I think what it is, is that those who are into weed, will also try out other drugs too. I have in my time done more than my fair share, and it certainly wasn't becasue I smoked weed, it was because I was inquisitive about them. I have known many my age to have done coke while drinking but have never smoked weed at all. Someone who is gonna do a drug will do it no matter what drug they did first
Old 07-27-2005, 05:44 PM

This has to be the most educational thread ever on OOT. Lots of experiential learning and not one mention of sticking anything in a chicks pooper.
Indy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Smoking Weed

Yah that's another ? I have. Where do you get this chit??

Indy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for weed being gatewaydrug, I do get urges to do other drugs, my favourite ones. But if you haven't done any other drugs I don't really see why you would crave something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

weed being a gateway drug is absolute BS. I think what it is, is that those who are into weed, will also try out other drugs too. I have in my time done more than my fair share, and it certainly wasn't becasue I smoked weed, it was because I was inquisitive about them. I have known many my age to have done coke while drinking but have never smoked weed at all. Someone who is gonna do a drug will do it no matter what drug they did first

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly my point. But for something to be a gateway drug for me it does not mean that you haven't done the drug before. But the general concensus is probarbly that you have not done the newer drug before you tried weed for it to be called a gateway drug.

I am really not sure if you agreed with my point or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 PM

To those that say weed is a gateway drug, I want to slap you in the face. How many weed smokers drank alcohol first. Alcohol is the true gateway drug, because if we classify weed as a drug, then alcohol sure as hell is too. And weed only leads to other drugs for those that are already curious about these other drugs. Now, if you are a smoker then your friends might lead to this curiousity, but again, this is not because of the weed, its because of your friends...

[/rant]
Old 07-27-2005, 05:54 PM

Good point. Hard to concentrate over your avatar though.

Indy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:58 PM

I'm not sure if your rant is directed to me, you replied to my post.
I would say that anyone that writes in this thread would agree with your alcohol gateway statement.

All drugs are gateway drugs for harder drugs tho. The vast majority of drug users did not start out with Heroin. You work yourself up to that stage. Just like playing Super Mario.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:09 PM

I'm sure you have heard this song, but if you haven't and you want to get in the mood to smoke, download Blueberry Yum Yum by Ludacris

It's the nuts
Old 07-27-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damnit, I just want to know where I can get weed. I have a mix of friends who don't know, and people I'm not comfortable asking. Which is probably a failing on my part, I guess.

I read the other day that parts of Washington, D.C., have some of the highest pot smoking rates in the country. And yet I don't know one person who smokes regularly.

As always, I know the wrong people.

ElSapo

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Adams Morgan and follow your nose.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The best time is 15 beers and then smoking some quality bud.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

If by best time you mean getting the spins and vomiting then sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't really get the spins or vomit at all anymore, product of drinking lots nearly everyday. I really just enjoy chilling and talking to friends while passing the piece around after drinking a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

Recreationally, my one complaint about pot is that it gets in the way of wild and exorbitant drinking. Generally, it's good for chilling and watching a movie/TV/playing cards, but if I'm going to be going out, getting too blazed really kills my motivation to get fired up.

Word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I really really dislike smoking before I go out.

Ponks