Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Simple handreading

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you told us what limit this was it would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just noticed this. Please explain your different lines for Party 3/6, 20/40 and 15/30. It was one of the three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waste of time. It's a crummy example to illustrate hand reading, as people have pointed out, and wasting more time explaining what to do in differentially-aggressive games is useless.

I find it funny how you act like a teacher on this board and don't really know/have a lesson plan.

~ Tilts

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I'll stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't.

While there's two obvious answers, the other hands he might have are important to think about, if you're considering the table image and the player. In general I think people are putting this player on way to narrow a range.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it funny how you act like a teacher on this board and don't really know/have a lesson plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think sfer ever claimed to be a teacher. I would point out however that he was on a short list of about half a dozen posters whose recent absence from the SS boards were lamented by a huge number of regualr SS posters. You don't have to like this particular post. However, statments like the above will have the effect of chasing away from this board one of the top posters (and a fine individual I might add) to the detriment of the rest of us.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you told us what limit this was it would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just noticed this. Please explain your different lines for Party 3/6, 20/40 and 15/30. It was one of the three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waste of time. It's a crummy example to illustrate hand reading, as people have pointed out, and wasting more time explaining what to do in differentially-aggressive games is useless.

~ Tilts

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is making you 1.) read this post 2.) participate in this forum 3.) continue to be a member of 2+2.

SO I reccomend that in a post where the MAJORITY of responses are to Sfer's questions that you refrain from remarks such as yours as they TOTALLY DO NOT contribute to any degree of learning that could be achieved irregardless of what YOU think about Sfer and/or his contributions to the forum.

I'm just saying...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: forgot to include AA (after reading everyone else's posts... doh) -- borrowed 10% from A6 (which should probably only be suited) and I think I gave too much to it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is 25/9/1.5. I think we can safely rule out him limping behind 2 others with AA in EP. EDIT: and then flat calling Hero's PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. My bad. 9% pfr begs for different action PF from villain.

[ QUOTE ]
You're on crack

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for showing me why. This forum used to be VERY good when I first arrived. I thoroughly enjoyed lurking and learning. Now that I finally post, NOBODY feeds any type of discussion and thus learning does not occur.

If the good posters who give a %*#@ about poker any more suddenly decide to start up a secretive forum somewhere else, please PM me.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: forgot to include AA (after reading everyone else's posts... doh) -- borrowed 10% from A6 (which should probably only be suited) and I think I gave too much to it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is 25/9/1.5. I think we can safely rule out him limping behind 2 others with AA in EP. EDIT: and then flat calling Hero's PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hestitate to buy this.

People don't limp AA because they're not aggressive, they do it because they're "tricky". This is why I dislike straight numbers based reads.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hestitate to buy this.

People don't limp AA because they're not aggressive, they do it because they're "tricky". This is why I dislike straight numbers based reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have seen MANY MANY bad players play AA this SAME way 2/4 and lower which is why I included it. I think that some people were a little more in the know than I when it came to limits Sfer was most likely playing at the time or what he intended the post for. I haven't played higher than 2/4 so I don't really know how 3/6 and up pan out for "tricky players."

As far as "numbers reads" goes, it really can be nailed down (for the most part). For instance:

Someone who raises PF with AA-TT; AK-AJ will have a PFR of 5.8% My 9.xx PFR includes AA so I don't see why it wouldn't here. What is he raising w/ in place of AA to keep it at 9% Maybe med pairs?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:50 PM

Sfer,

Please don't let one idiot on the board keep you from posting. Most of us myself included really appreciate your posts.

Matt
Old 07-25-2005, 04:58 PM

I'm not saying AA is impossible. I'm just saying that you can't see that based off PT numbers. You know if he limps AA because you've watched him play and understand him.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:08 PM

The only made hands that beat you are 68s/64s. Does 25VPIP translate into these hands being played EP after 2 limpers? I don't know, maybe. This is the dispositive decision; if these cannot be excluded from his range, you have to call down his turn cap after your 3-bet. The rest of this post assumes these hands have been excluded.

Does the fourth suit drop on the turn?

Made hands: K7s,K4s,K5s,77,44; if board is three-suited on the turn, Kxs. K w/4-flush, 2-pair, and set are more-or-less equally likely.

A3s & A2s are strong semi-bluff hands (again, if the board is 3-suited); they have 16 apparent outs each, though only you know that 3 of them are dead. A7s/A5s/A4s are also a possibility, with 14 apparent outs (5 of them dead).

Since you have the best of it in all of the above scenarios, you should jam the pot. If he caps the turn, he has a set or less and has you on a lesser hand, so push the river as well. If he calls your turn 3-bet and then bets the river, raise unless a 2, a 3, or the third of a suit falls.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying AA is impossible. I'm just saying that you can't see that based off PT numbers. You know if he limps AA because you've watched him play and understand him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are saying and agree. This is why I included it in my original assessment (I didn't have any information not to include it PLUS Sfer has only seen him for 2 orbits so like 4 or 5 hands max w/ his VPIP. Friggin' A, I really missed this boat last night when I OP'd. These numbers mean VERY little given the information Sfer provided.

Sfer, you never said whether or not the T made a 2 flush or not. Oh yeah, and please don't stop posting.