Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Best Practice for calling a girl after getting her number?

[ QUOTE ]

I'll give her a call today or tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

thanks again.
/bd

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp (I lead a boring life)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:43 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
"Tell me how to get in a girl's pants."

Gorie is very cool and honest so she might be able to help you here, but even she will probably admit that asking girls how to get into other girls' pants is not the right move. Instead, ask boris or Rick Nebiolo.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but yeah i'm the last person who should be offering advice on this. i'm clueless when it comes to what normal girls like etc. and i basically have no experience myself. people , places, and phones are scary. i only like poker.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, there's no right answer to this question. All women are different. Unless you can read minds, you'll never know what their expectations are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to put her on a single expectation, you must put her on a range of expectations. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Some girls, usually the ugly ones that don't get lots of attention, want a guy to come after them 100 mph.

Other girls, usually good looking ones who always have guys coming after them, want a little bit of a challenge. They want the guy to like them but don't want someone who has even a hint of desperation.

To the OP, I'd try to classify the object of your interest and proceed accordingly. Good luck...

Luke
Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, there's no right answer to this question. All women are different. Unless you can read minds, you'll never know what their expectations are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to put her on a single expectation, you must put her on a range of expectations. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it...the expectations are usually pretty arbitrary, too. The expectations that they tell you that they have won't necessarily match their "real" expectations, either. Some girls want you to chase after them full-bore, others aren't interested unless you play hard to get and don't call them for days, some girls are flattered if you call back a few times if you don't reach them the first time, others will act like you're a stalker if you call more than once.

And that's just calling them...the first date is a whole other ball of wax. You can screw up early on without even realizing that you screwed up...and it will probably be for something very trivial, or something that is totally out of your control.

I had a female friend who would go on lots of dates through a dating service. She'd very rarely give a guy a second date. The sum of her decision making about their future was whether she "felt a spark" when she'd first see the guy. If she didn't feel a spark, she'd leave the date as quickly as she could. Actually giving the guy a chance and getting to know him didn't factor into her decision-making process at all. She was big into the "love at first sight" thing...which is a total crock IMHO. She was a real dog, too, so she had no business being so picky.

[ QUOTE ]

Some girls, usually the ugly ones that don't get lots of attention, want a guy to come after them 100 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how ugly. The real ugly ones are sometimes the ones that'll chase after the *guy* at 100mph if he shows any interest at all. Those girls are the hardest ones to shake.

[ QUOTE ]

Other girls, usually good looking ones who always have guys coming after them, want a little bit of a challenge. They want the guy to like them but don't want someone who has even a hint of desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of girls want a "strong" guy who will give them space. Sounding desperate is weak and needy. *No* woman who is worth her salt is interested in a needy guy. The only ones who like needy guys are the ones who are needy themselves or the ones who are looking to take advantage of you in some way.

The problem is that a lot guys mistake being "confident" with acting cocky. Most girls don't like arrogant, cocky guys. Arrogant, cocky guys are seen as being insecure, which is worse than being desperate...lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

To the OP, I'd try to classify the object of your interest and proceed accordingly. Good luck...
Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he should just call her, ask her out for a drink, and then go from there. No need to overthink this. Building this kind of thing up too much is usually a recipe for disaster.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he should just call her, ask her out for a drink, and then go from there. No need to overthink this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what a few of my female friends told me today, and I going to run with it.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call her two days later and say:
hi im that ridiculously good looking guy whos been running through your head since you met me two days ago. listen, im going to be stopping by my favorite coffee shop later and you should stop by. ill be there at 5pm, does this work for you? great. i got plans afterwards though, so dont think you can stop by, buy me a cheap coffee and take me home, im not that easy. well i gotta run, see you at 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is money, and most guys just won't understand why. Honestly, this is pimp [censored] and anyone who does not see that is blind. Fluorescenthippo, you know the deal.

P.S. I am not joking or being sarcastic here.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call her in like four weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you were doing laundry

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you answer the question about doing your laundry every four weeks?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Hmm...I spilled pudding on my favorite pair of pajamas so I had to expediate the typical 12 week cycle?

Swede
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call her two days later and say:
hi im that ridiculously good looking guy whos been running through your head since you met me two days ago. listen, im going to be stopping by my favorite coffee shop later and you should stop by. ill be there at 5pm, does this work for you? great. i got plans afterwards though, so dont think you can stop by, buy me a cheap coffee and take me home, im not that easy. well i gotta run, see you at 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is money, and most guys just won't understand why. Honestly, this is pimp [censored] and anyone who does not see that is blind. Fluorescenthippo, you know the deal.

P.S. I am not joking or being sarcastic here.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe for some girls, but i'm pretty sure i'd hang up in the middle of the second sentence. assuming i can make it that far without my eyeballs rolling out onto the floor and then having to hang up to go chase them.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:13 PM

Rent 'The Tao of Steve'.

Dex's three points for getting laid:

1. Eliminate desire.
2. Be excellent in her presence.
3. Pull away.