Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: My three step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]
Good answer. It's nice to know I can still push your buttons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. But perhaps you'd like to explain to me how appeasing irrational people will cause them to suddenly become rational and stop ALL terrorist attacks against America. I've already given a famous example of appeasement failing horribly. All you've given us is this "well, if they do it after that we'll just go back to killing them" approach. If this is the case, why even bother following your plan, since it most certainly will not work? Furthermore, explain to me why extremist muslims should dictate American foreign policy as opposed to Americans.

I believe you started this thread to re-iterate (for the umpteenth time) that you hate Israel and hope it is pushed into the sea. And to repeat for the umpteenth-squared time that you're jewish.

On a final note, I liked that crack at blaming me for 1,800 servicemen's sacrfices. Especially since I wasn't old enough to vote in 2000 and regardless of who I voted for in 04, we'd still be in Iraq today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of what Arfinn said and what numerous studies have confirmed. Most Muslims hate us because we are imperialistic and we support Israel. It's just a fact. If we stop doing those two things, the attacks will stop against us.

The difference in the Hitler comparison is that Hitler made it clear that he wanted to conquer much land. Muslims just want to be left alone to practice their religion.

And my crack was perfectly fair. It doesn't matter that you weren't able to vote for president in 2000. You're SUPPORTING the war right now. If 90% of America opposed the war then Bush would pull out. He wouldn't sacrifice the Congress in 2006 to stay in Iraq. Supporting the war makes you partially responsible for those people's deaths. 76% of Americans supported the war in the beginning. That percentage has fallen to 43%. You persisting in your support makes you all the more evil.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But let's let the stupid Republicans in my country keep thinking that they hate us because we have lots of money and freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think all Republicans believe that (there is education in the US too, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). These fundamentalists are neither materalistic or advocate a society with freedom so why should they envy that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But let's let the stupid Republicans in my country keep thinking that they hate us because we have lots of money and freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think all Republicans believe that (there is education in the US too, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). These fundamentalists are neither materalistic or advocate a society with freedom so why should they envy that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you that at least 80% of Republicans think this. And it's because this message("they hate us for our freedoms") is braodcast on the Fox News Network at least 30 times a day. And Fox News Network has the best ratings of any cable news channel, pretty much.

I know it doesn't make sense, but Republicans are stupid. I can't explain why they are so susceptible to Fox News propaganda.

Arfinn, do me a favor and google this phrase, quotes included: "they hate us for our freedoms" . You will see what I mean. Bush has spread that garbage since 2001.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most Muslims hate us because we are imperialistic and we support Israel. It's just a fact. If we stop doing those two things, the attacks will stop against us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, we're getting somewhere. You've just admitted that MOST Muslims hate us because we're imperialistic/support Israel. That means there are some that hate us for other reasons. That means the attacks will not stop, because ALL the terrorists will not be satisfied.

[ QUOTE ]
The difference in the Hitler comparison is that Hitler made it clear that he wanted to conquer much land. Muslims just want to be left alone to practice their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Moderate muslims want to be left alone. Extremist muslims want to spread their religion by the sword and kill infidels. Explain to me how your plan will deal with these issues.

[ QUOTE ]
You persisting in your support makes you all the more evil.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting, because if we left right now far more people would die, many of whom are simply there because of their place of birth as opposed to a career decision. Not to mention the fact if Iraq crumbled because of a lack of support, all those servicemen who gave their lives would have done so for nothing. So who's the more "evil": the man who would like to see a bloody war won and peace occur, or the man who would rather the bloody war be "lost" and continue to remain a bloody war, just without the U.S.?
Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee you that at least 80% of Republicans think this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any poll on this?

Still had some hope in your country but if this is true some important antennas must be turned off and the arrogance phase in the rise and fall of the empire must be nearing its end soon moving into the downward denial of reality-phase.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of just asking the state leaders a reporter from national television here (Norway) went to a Al-Qaida friendly mosque in Pakistan and interviewed people on their way from friday prayer and asked what they thought of the terrorist attack in London.

Basically the main theme in their responses (this was an extremist mosque so it does not reflect average opinion) were that the attack was just a retaliation for American (!) murderers of moslems. One said that the American military's target is to kill all moslems and all others seemed to agree. Not difficult to imagine that that mosque will produce a terrorist. Do anybody here think that this kind of sentiment would be possible without US forces in the middle east/Afghanistan?

I am not supporting isolationism in the kind that Dead preaches, but his plan would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic. We were not in Afghanistan or Iraq until after 9/11, after we were attacked by these lunatics. So of course this sentiment is possible without American troops in those countries.

These are people that have been taught their whole lives to hate Israel, and now the US because we are Israel's main supporter. So naturally they are going to have some rationalization for these attacks -- a rationalization that is not grounded in anything resembling reality.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:09 AM

Not to belittle praise, hard to get for those of us with ideas far advanced from the rest What I said was Dead was correct in opining that our policies are the cause of the mess we are in (not Islam, envy, who we are as a people, our religion etc).

Whether I would support a radical plan like he outlines ....

But perhaps he was taking an extremist position to make a point. ;-)

He is wrong about one thing for sure, supporting the Yankees could be construed as a crime against humanity.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Muslims just want to be left alone to practice their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This gross generalism of a statement demonstrates your utter ignorance with the issue of Islamic terrorism.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:12 AM

This plan is not that radical and I support it 100%.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Muslims just want to be left alone to practice their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This gross generalism of a statement demonstrates your utter ignorance with the issue of Islamic terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niss, I am yet to hear any moslem fundamentalist say that he wants an Islamic world rule or implement Sharia in non-moslem countries (except Israel).

Osama and his followers has explained many times that they see US as the enemy in a battle for implementing their beliefs in moslem countries (not in the world).