Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: result

I probably 3-bet the flop, buy the button if possible. The only thing Im worried about is the passive player raising UTG. I can see an argument both ways, but I think 3-betting has more pros than cons. You definitly play better postflop than a passive player does, hes not really going to make the rest of the hand tough on you...you can outplay him.

Flop: Your plan is screwed so I three bet. Its probably the right thing to do, but isnt a flush draw mathematically ahead? Dont know, the EV is probably close give or take 7-8 percent between your hand and a flush draw. There are probably a ton of cards u have to dodge, but while waiting for the turn is the best play...it got screwed with the button raise. My intial thought on maniacs raise is free card play, if a maniac can pull that off.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: result

Seems like the way you played it up to your turn call, you played to maximize the size of the pot. Had you 3 bet the flop, I doubt you'd be facing the opportunity of 3-betting the turn. But I guess you have no way of knowing that while the hand plays out.

When you had the chance to really drive the dagger in, you got scared. I'd be scared of the buttons turn raise too and all those callers.

I think 3 betting pre-flop to increase p(winning) is better. You got lucky in a way that I never would.

But I'm glad it worked out for you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: AKo am i leaking or making good choices?

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with you bernie, I think preflop and the flop were butchered here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2005, 02:03 AM

You can't cheat the odds.

You can only ponder this:

suppose the following:

Consider each poker player a trial of an experiment. The experiment measures the mathematical probability of the players draw vs. outcome for all hands that player has played (the definition of the measure would need to be determined and could be a parameter). Use that with the number of hands played to create a graph. I bet you get something resembling a normal distribution.

Each member (poker player) of your test group corresponds to a unique spot on your graph. A unique measure of their luck vs. bad-luck factor.

I wonder where I am on that graph from time to time.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:07 AM

Doesn't quite make sense to me, but I am interested......Try to expand on this please..

- Jags