Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Do pros dis like Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
Calling time when you're not involved in the hand is a very low class thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. You have just as much reason, as well as right, to get as many hands in as possible in a single round. If somebody is taking an abnormally large amount of time to make simple decisions, like the dorks on TV, you have the right to call time. You paid the buyin, it's your tourney, too.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Do pros dis like Hellmuth

I just saw this on TV and it provides a little insight to what happened between Ivey-Hellmuth-Brunson the other day.. I had forgotten all about it. Remember the ESPN World Series Tournament of Champions from last year? There's a rerun of it on right now.

There was just a hand where Ivey put in a raise and Hellmuth asks him to count the rest of his chips. Hellmuth is holding K4s or K4o and it's early in the tourney with 9 or 10 players left. Hellmuth obviously has no intention of even calling Ivey's raise but he asks him to count the rest of his chips? Then Doyle goes off a little about how long Phil H. takes to make every decision. He says something like, "I've never seen a man encounter so many tough decisions at a poker table. You ALWAYS have a tough decision to make, eh Phil?"

Obviously Phil I. and Doyle were both fed up with Hellmuth's antics already. Watching a replay of that hand and finding out that he was holding K4o when he asked Ivey to count his stack surely didn't sit well with either of them.