Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Daily Hand Post: \"Amazingly Standard\" AQ?

[ QUOTE ]
I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the avatar/name mean? Who is silky?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:10 PM

50% might have been a little too rough. but in my experience, about 2 of the 3 opponents will have suited hands in such situations. since there are some diamonds out and maybe both have suited cards of the same suit, the chance is maybe in the range of 35 - 40%, but not as low as 20%.
my numbers can't be counted to be accurate (and that was not my intention). it was just to show my tendencies and get a discussion going.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:15 PM

if you play very similar hands this way 10 times a day, isn't that more a reason to discuss it than not?

i played many hands this way too. but i think the decissions are at least close. they might be wrong.

playing overcards is very common. nevertheless it is very tricky, especially OOP. the more discussions we have about such important topics the better. and i think that is why jason brought it up in this thread.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:17 PM

By the same token we should have a myriad of threads on the merits of raising or calling with AK in early position. I respect jason enough that he's not going to post boring hands (in his eyes) - Im just surprised he doesn't think this is a straightforward hand.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-26-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the chance is maybe in the range of 35 - 40%

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no mathematical basis to believe this. I am quite certain it is much closer to 20%.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:02 PM

Well there is definitly a good chance u just induced a bluff. I think u HAVE to call it. Tighter player, I fold. More passive, I fold. He's a little passive but not overly so.

I call and hope his any 2 did not improve. Same thing happened to me today (probably should have bet the turn, but this man is not folding and he loves to CR. He will CR with something as little as a pair of 3s.). Villian is more loose and a little more aggressive than yours.

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9h Ac (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Ks As (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.20 BB. </font>
Old 06-26-2005, 05:53 PM

we must live on different planets. i consider playing overcards OOP as one of the trickiest and most difficult situations that can possibily occur in limit poker. if situations like that are not difficult i can't imagine any tough decission in limit poker.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:56 PM

well put
Old 06-26-2005, 07:05 PM

nice hand.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we must live on different planets. i consider playing overcards OOP as one of the trickiest and most difficult situations that can possibily occur in limit poker. if situations like that are not difficult i can't imagine any tough decission in limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4 where opponents are passive and make poor decisions this isn't that tough a spot. Try playing 15/30 where you are going to be donkbetted, and CR semi-bluffed about 5 times more often. I struggled a lot because of the extra and well placed aggression.

-SmileyEH