Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: I limp-reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You dont think 99, KJ, AT ever fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that someone who raises 7% of time preflop will have three-bet an UTG raiser from MP with KJ or AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't raise UTG the first time around and he didn't 3-bet. It's already been covered why I didn't raise the first time around, and it's a pretty close decision IMHO (normally I raise here).

Rob
Old 06-10-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You dont think 99, KJ, AT ever fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that someone who raises 7% of time preflop will have three-bet an UTG raiser from MP with KJ or AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't raise UTG the first time around and he didn't 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I blanked on that when responding. However, I don't know how often a 7% PF raiser is even raising from MP vs. one limper with "only" AT or KJ.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:19 PM

tbh, I think it will be hard for you to get him to fold big cards on most boards as he will either have runner runner gutshot or overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, it's going to (in general) increase my ability to play correctly postflop and hopefully increase his tendencies to make bad folds. But I don't know about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like I said in the other post, I dont think it will increase your edge postflop, you have fewer options when you play it like that, so putting money in while probably behind and out of position against a player who can play fast without having you beat will lead to tough decisions on boards where you could just have check-folded.

You may get lucky and get him to fold something like QQ on a AKx board, but if thatīs what you want, then check-raising the flop will probably give the same result :P

Someone really should do a pokerstove, but I dont think you are ahead of his range and having him to make a fold on the turn with 6 outs getting 7:1 isnīt something I would limit my options for.

If I just call, I can choose which boards we go 2 bets on before the turn(check-raising), so that will pretty much be the same as doing the limp-reraise, except that I will only choose boards I like.

You can also check-call the flop, then check-raise the turn when the board is good, thatīs probably also better than having him make a close to correct laydown the other way.

You can also check-call till river and then have him make a bad call.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Villain has shown the propensity to fold postflop, I think this is excellent. At least, it would work beautifully against me. I would probably fold AK for 1 small bet on any flop unimproved after getting limp-reraised by most players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 6.5:1, in position, i'd be tempted to raise/peel on just about any flop with AK/AQ and possibly AJ (and many times with KQ). It is true that there are probably a lot of flops i'd consider folding JJ-99 on, though.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 6.5:1 is enough to peel against most sane limp-reraisers with overcards only. 6.5:1 is about what you need if both your overcards are going to win 100% of the time. Against a limp-reraise, especially by someone first-in, the likelyhood of his having AA/KK is so likely that your outs are severely discounted. You're not getting enough pot odds, not to mention, you're facing huge reverse implied odds, so I think the flop is a fold.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:56 PM

I think this play is totally unnesecary in a 2/4 10 way game....However

i think your gonna run into a scared AQ or KQs quite a lot of the time so be prepared to chuck it after you havent improved on the turn if he raises ur flop bet.

Your gonna gain an extra 1sb against a large % of his hands he will be opening from mp gathering from his stats.

so yeah its a good play, just not really nessecary, take it too the 5/10 6max when you get there.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take it too the 5/10 6max when you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm already there. Just playing 2/4 as a fun break. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But I never LRR in 6max games -- I'm sure there will be a situation eventually where it'll be a good idea, but I haven't come across it yet.

Rob
Old 06-10-2005, 06:11 PM

yeah i was discussing LRR with a friend. He reckowns the 10/20 games it starts to become apropriate to start LRR the big pairs, as deception starts playing a much larger part in the hgher stakes games.