Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Cops: \"I\'m going to tase you!\"

I am late: http://www.big-boys.com/articles/taserguncop.html
Old 06-05-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am late: http://www.big-boys.com/articles/taserguncop.html

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I cant believe they tasered him???? That was soo unnessisary!!! HE didnt do anything?? Im a huge annoying douche!!!

Ok, im done impersinating Dead now
Old 06-05-2005, 06:04 PM

It seems that there's only 20 seconds of conversation before they TASER her. I'm sorry but that is bullshit. He told her twice and then he zapped her. Ridiculous.

How many times are they supposed to tell her?
Old 06-05-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also dont get why everyone is all "OMG! how could they use a TASER on her??" Like a taser is some sort of fiendish weapon or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been tased many times at many voltage levels. It makes you dance for a bit, but as soon as the electricity stops you are fine. It really is harmless.

[ QUOTE ]
Theres a reason this thing is used by cops all over the nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored]. Just listen to the commentary. He has irrefutable explanations.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been tased many times at many voltage levels. It makes you dance for a bit, but as soon as the electricity stops you are fine. It really is harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://saveourcity.blogspot.com/2005...er-deaths.html

My problem with the woman being tased is that she clearly posed no threat to the officer. If he wanted to subdue her there could have been many other ways to do it.

I have no problem with the tase of the drunk guy in the other video.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:34 PM

UGH! As much as I hate it when cops abuse their power or otherwise bully people, the cop's actions were justified. However, when I watched the video, my initial reaction was that it was completely uncalled for. I thought he was acting unreasonable from the very beginning. Then, I went on to read that she was pulled over for driving with a suspended liscense and was actually getting arrested. This gave rise to the officer's attitude from the get-go and settled me down.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the woman being tased is that she clearly posed no threat to the officer. If he wanted to subdue her there could have been many other ways to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was getting arrested and was acting uncooperative. He wasn't trying to subdue. He was trying to arrest her in the safest manner for both parties. Also, she was telling someone on the phone where she was being arrested. If I were a cop, this would make me a little uneasy, to say the least.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:52 PM

The part that disturbed me the most was when the cop lied about her "taking a swing" at the other officer. He was obviously trying to come up with more of a justification as to why he needed to tase her. It sounded to me more like he was getting his story straight with the other officer..."Okay, this is the story...she took a swing at you, so I tased her..." He was covering his ass with a bald faced lie.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The part that disturbed me the most was when the cop lied about her "taking a swing" at the other officer. He was obviously trying to come up with more of a justification as to why he needed to tase her. It sounded to me more like he was getting his story straight with the other officer..."Okay, this is the story...she took a swing at you, so I tased her..." He was covering his ass with a bald faced lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I didnt get that part either. But I didnt feel like watching the video again to see if she did. She could have flailed at him when he went in on the other side of the vehicle and we didnt see it. Which is why I think tasering he was the best move. If they physically tried to grab her, she was the type who would resist and put up a fight.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:55 PM

I don't understand the "she deserved it" line of argument. I don't think tasers or any other police weapon should be used punitively. The question should be, was it necessary?

As for race having nothing to do with it, the fact that one officer is black does not gainsay the argument that race was a factor. Really the question would be, would a white woman in that situation be equally likely to be tasered?