Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: UPDATE

he was a great guy to me for months until this happened, he staked me multiple times in games, but i always got the money back to him quickly.

but how would you react in this spot? i mean, 8 months? i just don't know what to do, still.

the story apparently goes further - he left the training room (another club that used to run big tournaments) having vouched for many guys who ended up stiffing him and now the club is going after him.

his club also has trouble paying out winners because everyone plays on credit, nobody buys in with cash.

friends + money = bad. but this is business, and i'm going to need a way to get this money back.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:10 PM

This hasn't been resolved yet?

First off, I'm happy the names of the participants have been made public - as they had more than enough time to come clean and pay up.

Second, what happened to your idea of playing on credit and cashing out? Did that not work out?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:32 PM

I'm not here to talk [censored] about people, but apparently he knows who I am and has figured it out.

I have a feeling that I'm trying to squeeze water from a stone in trying to get this money back.

As far as his club goes, they're allowing anyone and everyone to play on credit. The effect of that is that winners can not cash out immediately. I had a winning night and they didn't pay me, but the next day shyam did drop by my house with the winnings. I won't play there again.

I don't need to go and play on the sheet and put him in a deeper hole that will make it more likely he will run from it.

I do intend to get the other money back, however. Greg is looking like a more likely option.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do intend to get the other money back, however. Greg is looking like a more likely option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Gamblor I hope you get your money back but keep in mind that some Italians from certain circles don't much like pimps, especially black pimps. And they don't call them that either.

Hope you know what you're doing.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Retaliation sucks. If you start to involve outside parties, expect him to do the same. You might not like the result.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:28 PM

I believe adam and jimmy got into trouble and looked for a fish to bail them out. i was the fish.

Retaliation sucks

I will not retaliate. At any point, I could have smashed his car, vandalized his house, but they can do the same to me and I'm not interested in a gang war with adam especially.

This isn't personal. I don't intend to hurt adam in any way, and I will see to it that Adam does not get hurt.

But this is business. By involving greg, I mean I will sell the debt to greg. The rate on the dollar is up for negotiation. But I do not intend to eat this loss after 2 bounced cheques and 8 months of excuses.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Someone owes me money

[ QUOTE ]
Adam vouched for Jimmy. Adam is on the line. Period.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking when I read your OP. Forget Jimmy. Get the money from Adam or forget it.