Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Party Poker 10+1s and 20+2s ROI

15-25% is normal? hrm? tell that to irieguy.

My names on party/skins are addicted777 and booradlye83 <-- typo on purpose (well not on purpose, when i was registering i mispelled it)
Old 05-04-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get yourself the most comfortable environment possible. Little aches and pains or discomforts that don't even reach the conscious level actually accumulate and wear away at you more over time than you would think.

I play from an overstuffed recliner now, and I can play for much longer hours and feel much better after I'm done. I can extend the foot/leg support out, change the incline to any angle I want, lean over one way or the other if I feel like it, etc. If it's cold, I can drape a blanket over me. I can sit cross-legged, or up straight with my whole body, or have just my back straight, but my legs raised and kicked out.

Stuff like that actually matters a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't put the laptop on your lap. Y'know, radiation and all. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Understandable. When I said I'm very confident I can beat them for greater than 20%, it's not based on my results. It's based on my impression of the $22s and where I think my game is at.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand, I didn't take your post to be so. Again the only reason I posted my ROI was your guess was fairly close. I never posted it before that in this thread or anywhere else for that matter because it was a completely useless number. The rest of my post had nothing to do with my crazy ROI but it seems BradleyT continues to think I was drawing some type of conclusion from it other than it was unsustainable, even though I clearly said in that post I'm waiting for it to drop to something normal. The rest of my thread was basically me explaining that alls I want is a 13% ROI and wondering if I could sustain that. But he saw a high ROI and small sample size in the first sentence and went nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't go nuts, I told you to delete your post because any post mentioning ROI with less than 25 SnGs played is [censored] retarded.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need a link or a thread? It's simple. ROI is a percentage so it should be the same for all limits, ideally of course. I'd say any ROI of anywhere from 15-25% would be considered normal, any anything above or below that would be above and below average respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need a link or a thread? It's simple. ROI is a percentage so it should be the same for all limits, ideally of course. I'd say any ROI of anywhere from 15-25% would be considered normal, any anything above or below that would be above and below average respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

The major determining factor for what a "normal" ROI is at any stage is the level of competition. They have an inverse relationship. As you move up in limits, the level of competition goes up as well, and therefore the maximum sustainable and average winning ROI's go down. ROI is your winrate for SnG's, saying that there should be a standard winrate for all levels is like saying that 2 BB per hour should be the average winrate at both the 1/2 and 1000/2000 limit games.

Whoever was laughing at Mr. J for his reasons for his confidence, yes I thought it was a little goofy too, so I gave him a little grief about it. But there's nothing wrong with having self-confidence.

To BradleyT, the OP was responding to your accusation that he was posting this because he had a high short term ROI. If I remember correctly, his post started out by saying you were close on your estimate, but that that had nothing to do with why he was posting. It was a good post that would have cleared up a lot of the issues in this thread, and suggesting that he delete the entire thing because there was a mention of short term ROI was ridiculous, and I was surprised he took you seriously. You should have gotten off his case from the start.

-Phoenix
Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't go nuts, I told you to delete your post because any post mentioning ROI with less than 25 SnGs played is [censored] retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoenix1010 summed up the situation fairly accurately. This is the last post I'm making about my ROI since this is going in circles. I have clearly stated since the beginning my sample size was too small to make any conclusions about my ROI. My response to microbet was first my ROI (because he guessed at it and it was close, I felt it couldn't hurt to tell him he made a good guess), then immediately followed by a sentence explaining how it was an unsustainable and a useless number. The rest of my 4 paragraph post never mentioned it again.

Over and over again I have repeated this. I don't know what you're trying to prove.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right back at you. Lol. Moron.