Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: overvalue of AQ?

Holy cow, I can't believe so many posters are advocating folding here. I understand that Gavin is probably the best player at the table here, but its just not easy even for someone with the talent he has to "just accumalate chips". I see this all the time and for most of us, its plain wrong. Payout structure non-withstanding, if a player is constantly coming over the top me sooner or later, he's gonna get called.

What are the numbers that you guys are coming up with? 60%+ equity on a given range of hands? That's just huge and giving Gavin all those chips lets him really open up the game even more. I just think its an auto-call.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: overvalue of AQ?

Thats not true. Post bubble there is a lot to be said for maximizing FE even at the expense of little bits of equitity. Also, the limp reraise will eliminate some hands that you aren't a favorite over, namely 22-66/77.

I think the argument about whether to fold or limp-reraise is more complicated than eveybody is making it out to be. To make an accurate assessment we need to better understand lots of other factors. For example, how many times will Gavin be forced to fold the best hand on the flop if he limps? How often will he be flat called when he raises? Of those times he's called how many times will he be forced off the best hand, how many times will he be able to get it in as an even bigger favorite?

There is just no easy answer to this, and I have used both plays in similar situations in the past.