Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Wow

[ QUOTE ]
I really don’t see any upside to this draw, if this is the kind of hand that you just cant let go, then what hands can you fold?
mateo

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has Kd Kc (flush, king high).
CO has 5d 5c (flush, eight high).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 14.16 BB. </font>
Old 04-27-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Play Along...This One\'s Really Tough IMO

Seriously?
I could be drawing dead, and a good card on the turn could cost me a lot of money. I would fold to the cap without even thinking about it.
But the flop must be raised anyway.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 AM

I have to mostly agree.
This hand could have done with some early aggresion to see what you were up against, but I would never call a 3-bet or cap (if you had raised) on the flop for all the reasons Mateo posted. Glad you won it though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-28-2005, 07:39 AM

good fold on that one. Poker Bob im sorry, i didnt mean to say you dont fold enough, it was a statement in general. I am glad you won with the original hand. And also i should say that i wasnt at the table so i wouldnt know if your were beat. And talk about crappy draws what was 5 5 doing in there, except dumping money?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Play Along...This One\'s Really Tough IMO

Just call preflop:

1. Without a read, a PFR in SB puts a big dent in your equity.

2. Often you will be capped by an overpair.

3. You want SB to make the mistake of betting the flop with overcards so you can raise him.

4. Your bad position will cost you some pots. That's another dent in your equity.

Summary: 3-betting offers no value and hurts you postflop.

Raise the flop unless you are nearly certain he is betting an overpair. You need to push out eights, nines, and overcards to protect your hand and your outs. Without a read this is a mandatory raise.

There is an important concept that is rarely mentioned. If you call from this position it is probable that someone will raise behind you. If you raise that same player will often just call or even fold. Raising frequently provides a major tactical advantage without increasing your actual cost to see the turn.

Raising is also the first step toward figuring out if an unimproved pair of nines is worth showing. Money lost now may come back on the river.

Having called the flop, call again.

So you called three bets on the flop with your obvious draw. Having hit your flush on the turn you should bet it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. This is an awesome opportunity to protect your hand and your outs. It's unlikely that you will be raised and if you are I doubt you need to bother calling.

Bet the river.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

this thread is really old and it's been discussed, but I can say with 99.9% confidence that folding is the worst thing you can do there
Old 04-28-2005, 01:21 PM

After wasting my time reading this post, which is really just my response because you guys made it so damn long. I would, ummmm, never reraise this preflop unless the guy is a true maniac out of the sb because 99 just isn't gonna play well enough for ya. So calling looks great. Holy [censored] you didn't raise when the sb bet the flop. After you don't do that I completely lose you on this one. You opt for call/call/call/bet river, which is ok since on the river you do make the straight. However, please, please, ummmm please, raise that flop, it hurt my eyes very badly when you did not.