Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Your money is not secure on Party Poker

My account was closed on Party Poker, apparently for starting this thread. I decided I would cash out, I had approximately $240 left in that account. Party Poker has frozen that $240 as well. So all told between myself and my family we are down $2240 from Party Poker.

For all the people that can't believe they would change the information without documentation, that is why this thread is compelling. They did, they knew they were wrong, it was the thought that they were on the hook for the 2k that made them choose the path they chose. In a similar situation with a credit card company you would be given the benefit of the doubt, not the criminal. Party Poker has dealt with this horribly from the beginning and compounded it by closing my account an account separate from my family members. I really don't want to get into long discussions again. If you are comfortable with this type of behavior from someone you trust with your money that is fine I wasn't. So when I went to cash out apparently they decided that freezing that cash out and closing my account was their best recourse. I find that irresponsible on their part.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:07 AM

Or you are under suspicion for player fraud since you refuse to put the alledged scammer in any jeopardy. Going public with it can also be interpreted as attempted 'blackmail' in situations like this. The forum route is often not the best route to take when you have a conflict with an operator. Finding a good mediator is.

I'm sure you will get your money. I wouldn't be surprised if Party didn't want you as a customer anymore though, given your connections to UB and your posts here.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:06 AM

As far as the $2K goes... If your family memeber wont file a police report, then the next best thing is to confront the bad guys father. I would put it to him like this, "Your son stole $2K from me and transferred it to an account in your name (fathers name). The entity that the account is with has suggested that I call the police. I don't want to get the police involved because I think you are an innocent bystander. However if the police do get involved then the FBI will probably be investigating this matter under federal money laundering laws as this money was immediately withdrawn after being stolen. (This is true btw)"

I would show the father copies of emails and account info. See if you can get the father to put pressure on the son to get the money back.

As far as your account goes. Party doesn't go and seize funds for no reason. Call and find out why they have, and what you have to do to get them released.

Heck they don't even seize funds from cheaters and bot users.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Don\'t blame Party for you not having firewall protection...n/m

n/m
Old 04-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

good work brooks
Old 05-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Don\'t blame Party for you not having firewall protection...n/m

An update to this situation and I guess I need to make it clear that there was a crime committed here and the crime was not that I had someone working for me that had access to my e-mail accounts.

I have reached the kid and made arrangements for him to pay back the money, he paid $500 this week and I have secured his truck as collateral for the rest of the debt. The kid seems intent on paying back the money.

Also, Party Poker did realize that keeping my measily $240 was not the best way to deal with things from their end since taking my money and not protecting my inlaws identity would have been a heckuva a 2fer.