Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: My First Year as an Underage Poker Player (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Now I only play .5/1 to sit on ThaSaltCracka's left and 3-bet him everytime he comes in for a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is a conversation that NLsoldier copied and pasted to me like 2min before i read this post:

ThaSaltCracka: oh [censored], now your brothers friend signed on
ThaSaltCracka: Riskwise...
ThaSaltCracka: probably to harrass me or tell me about some lame halo video

i have pretty much the same story as ogre excluding the $7,000 first time final table MTT win (10th and 6th, lost to coinflips both times, in my first 2 finals). we used to be a "MTT team" untill i quit and now play 5/10 short.

EDIT: NLsoldier: way to put your whole post in quotes idiot
Old 04-14-2005, 12:28 AM

I have a 10th place MTT finish too. My next tournament after winning got to the final table but that time it wasn't as satisfying.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 10th place MTT finish too. My next tournament after winning got to the final table but that time it wasn't as satisfying.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK now you're just bragging [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 12:35 AM

I had to respond to Riskwise stealing my thunder.

j/k
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 AM

Doesn't 2+2 ban posters under the age of 18?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 AM

well lookie here, we have another Dutch Boyd on our hands, a poker prodigy, and at such a young age. Warms my heart.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:11 AM

Having taught college classes at both ugrad and grad levels, I can safely say you write better than most college students. Clearly your talents extend beyond poker.

More importantly, your mother is right about the money.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
" agree with the other posters. Save it up, invest it, let it grow. By the time you graduate from high school, your college could be paid for."

This statement alone leads me to believe that everyone in this thread is under 21.

The only thing you can invest this kind of money into at 15 that's going "pay" for a college education 4 years later is drugs. I'm not talking about celebrex.

This thread is disturbing. Not to mention, only dorks thought cars were going to get them chicks in High School.

Kid,

If you're a pimply faced 15 year old you should get outside and run a couple laps around the block. You're going to get fat from sitting at a computer desk all day. 15, fat, pimply does not equal chicks. Doesn't matter if you're Bill Goetz in a fruckin space shuttle.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I mentioned investing, there's plenty of ways he could go about this. One, is investing most of the winnings back into poker(which he has done) and I don't see why, if he keeps winning, he couldn't have college paid off before he graduates. Second, his mother knows about his winnings(or some portion of it at least) and so does his brother. Both, I'm assuming, are old enough to put money into some sort of small, short term investment. I don't claim to be a genius when it comes to investments, but there's business he oould fund, franchises, real estate, etc.

Also, even though having a car in high school wasn't a requirement to get girls(I rode the bus before senior year and got my fair share), and it's really the mouthpiece that is the major factor, having a kick-ass car definately helps and makes things easier. I know guys in high school that had tight cars, camaros, mustangs, etc. and it definately helped. I know having my car helped, although I was already quite popular. How you gonna go out on a date and you riding the bus? Or mommy is dropping you off? Pick the chick up, hit a party, a motel, whatever.

You're crazy if you think having a car doesn't make having a girlfriend(s) easier.

And, although we have no proof he's fat, I do agree, and mentioned, that he shouldn't sit at the comp playin poker all day. It's just not healthy. Not healthy for your eyes, your body, or your social skills. I try to get this same thing across to the kids I meet that spend 8 hours a day playing Madden online. Get out. Go party. Go work out. Play REAL sports. etc.

BTW, I'm 21.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:50 AM

Nice post man. I'm a Freshman in college, played about a year of online poker and up 5 figures as well. Just keep in mind that youre entering your most important years in high school. I started playing when high school didnt really matter for me anymore, after I got into college. So just keep focus on the most important things: school, friends, and girls. Poker comes next. Anyways, congrats on your success thus far.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
" agree with the other posters. Save it up, invest it, let it grow. By the time you graduate from high school, your college could be paid for."

This statement alone leads me to believe that everyone in this thread is under 21.

The only thing you can invest this kind of money into at 15 that's going "pay" for a college education 4 years later is drugs. I'm not talking about celebrex.

This thread is disturbing. Not to mention, only dorks thought cars were going to get them chicks in High School.

Kid,

If you're a pimply faced 15 year old you should get outside and run a couple laps around the block. You're going to get fat from sitting at a computer desk all day. 15, fat, pimply does not equal chicks. Doesn't matter if you're Bill Goetz in a fruckin space shuttle.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I mentioned investing, there's plenty of ways he could go about this. One, is investing most of the winnings back into poker(which he has done) and I don't see why, if he keeps winning, he couldn't have college paid off before he graduates. Second, his mother knows about his winnings(or some portion of it at least) and so does his brother. Both, I'm assuming, are old enough to put money into some sort of small, short term investment. I don't claim to be a genius when it comes to investments, but there's business he oould fund, franchises, real estate, etc.

Also, even though having a car in high school wasn't a requirement to get girls(I rode the bus before senior year and got my fair share), and it's really the mouthpiece that is the major factor, having a kick-ass car definately helps and makes things easier. I know guys in high school that had tight cars, camaros, mustangs, etc. and it definately helped. I know having my car helped, although I was already quite popular. How you gonna go out on a date and you riding the bus? Or mommy is dropping you off? Pick the chick up, hit a party, a motel, whatever.

You're crazy if you think having a car doesn't make having a girlfriend(s) easier.

And, although we have no proof he's fat, I do agree, and mentioned, that he shouldn't sit at the comp playin poker all day. It's just not healthy. Not healthy for your eyes, your body, or your social skills. I try to get this same thing across to the kids I meet that spend 8 hours a day playing Madden online. Get out. Go party. Go work out. Play REAL sports. etc.

BTW, I'm 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

Investing the money back into poker will have a far greater expected return than anything else and its really not even close.

PS-He plays football which I'm pretty sure most people would call a "REAL" sport, and tennis, which is debatable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]