Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. There are so few original ideas on how to play nl hold'em around here...and a good number that have shown up have come from Paul.

And now he's gone.

Great.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this is getting gay.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To repeat, I do respect your game and you seem like a nice guy, but that was (in my opinion) totally classless. I don't say this with any air of grievance and would welcome the chance to play at your table again, but I think you're a better man than that and should consider acting accordingly.

(for your edification paul, if you're reading this, i was the guy w/ 6c5c vs. your AcKc).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard William Shatner is mean to Star Trek fans, too.

scrub
Old 04-04-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he posted some very good advice in this thread (especially to bruiser's question) makes me sad you all love to chase him away for being 'classless' or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one chased him away, he ran on his own accord because I called him "rude." In fact I'll miss his posts very much. Just not his personality.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul, I was seriously just trying to remind you that your comments to the other player were unnecessary, as was your response to him and to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just like to remind you that it is unnecessary for you to remind another player that his comments to another player are unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I would just like to remind you that it is unneccessary for you to remind another poster that his comments to another poster about his comments to another player are unneccessary.

Spladle Donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I just got pwned.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares that he comes off as an arrogant prick. He's a damn poker player.

The fact that he posted some very good advice in this thread (especially to bruiser's question) makes me sad you all love to chase him away for being 'classless' or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone has some insight on an interesting subject he/she can act anyway they want?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:06 PM

this thread belongs in the WPT forum.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound good-natured to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot you were there too. Another expert comes out of the woodwork! For some reason, your post captures everything I hate about 2+2 so perfectly that it has inspired me to stop posting here indefinitely.

[ QUOTE ]
a simple "thanks" or "good luck to you" would've sufficed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sorry I didn't have time to consult with you on how to exist in the universe. I've been inept at it so far and I hear you teach such wonderful classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you prefer recpoker, Paul?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ram's suggestion was so humbly put that it wasn't much of an issue until compounded with Paul's attitude about it. Paul just denied it. Oh but he also said he didn't remember. He didn't remember, but it didn't happen. Right.

The real issue was the response to Anduril's post which (correctly) identified Paul as being full of it. Paul then gave the zoo a run for its money in terms of packing the most immaturity possible into a single post and people called him on that, too. People weren't whining about Paul, Paul was whining that anyone would dare question his holiness about anything at all.

So people scared him away by . . . pointing out the obvious. If that's too much for Paul to handle, then maybe he should grow up a little; nobody was flaming him. If you want to kiss his ass, then do so, but stop complaining about other people having enough self-respect not to.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 PM

Am I the only one who has found this thread extremely entertaining? From the intrigue of the great Paul Phillips sitting at, and then owning, a relatively small stakes (for him) table, to the commentary on his legend by some 2+2 peions, to an appearance by the Man himself, to a revelation of his brusque and ingracious manner, to his petulant dismissal of all charges, to him taking his ball and going home... to all the damning follow-up commentary. And that "oh no! he's gone forever" post was pretty funny too. High times at 2+2 MHSNL.

sigh... I need to get out more often.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ram's suggestion was so humbly put that it wasn't much of an issue until compounded with Paul's attitude about it. Paul just denied it. Oh but he also said he didn't remember. He didn't remember, but it didn't happen. Right.

The real issue was the response to Anduril's post which (correctly) identified Paul as being full of it. Paul then gave the zoo a run for its money in terms of packing the most immaturity possible into a single post and people called him on that, too. People weren't whining about Paul, Paul was whining that anyone would dare question his holiness about anything at all.

So people scared him away by . . . pointing out the obvious. If that's too much for Paul to handle, then maybe he should grow up a little; nobody was flaming him. If you want to kiss his ass, then do so, but stop complaining about other people having enough self-respect not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice post.

I really like watching Paul play. I liked reading his posts. There are times he gets many people pissing in his Corn Flakes on 2+2.

Well this isn't one of those deals.

Someone pointed out in a very tactful way that Paul could've been a little nicer after the fact.

Some people backed Paul by saying "deal with it" or something to the effect of "poker players are that way". That is a BS excuse just because someone else is mean doesn't make it ok, IMHO of course.

Paul APPEARS to have a hard time being a people person. He doesn't care what any of us think(That is unless he's looking for support when people thinks he made an A$$ out of himself on national TV)